SiouxSports.com Forum

What if????

darell1976

What if UND does what it did back in the 1920's.. Have a nickname but not refer its sports teams to it. In the 20's they were the Flickertails but its sports teams were just UND or the Nodaks. No flickertail on its jerseys no flickertail logos. Fast forward to 2012. UND Fighting Sioux. But Interlocking ND logo and just North Dakota as its name with no nickname like before the petitions were turned in. UND is the Fighting Sioux but cannot use the logo on the jerseys or be called that. Kind of like how Bradley is the Braves but has no Indian logo or Indian reference except Braves. I know its a long shot but hey anything is possible.

I like your idea of being known as the Sioux, but not using the logo on jersey's. I know some people are pissed about the logo coming back, but I'm actually glad as it is a little refershing to see the words SIOUX back on the sports pages again at UND. I know what is still to come, but at least for the moment, it's nice to know that we are the SIOUX!!

The interlocking ND is garbage, I wouldn't care what we were called as long as we didn't have to share our logo with Notre Dame or anybody else.

Well we had it first and then those bastards "borrowed" it...I believe Notre Dame trademarked it as well so technically they own it...then we switched to the new and"improved" interlocking logo a couple years ago...ugh...