SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Harvard

AZSIOUX

that Gaarder 13 is fast becoming one of our best players

He is fourth on the team in points per game played and 1st among all freshman in points per game. He may be the dark horse in this freshman class that turns into much more than people expected. His development seems to advance every game and I haven't seen him take a game off yet, unlike some of the upper classmen.

While I enjoyed the win over Harvard, there is so much to be fixed. This team is going to continue to take some lumps this year, but I think the future might be looking pretty good. The lumps might be less if the injury rate would go down.

Ponder this from Saturday ...

Ponder a power play unit of Knight, Rodwell, and Lamoureux up front and Forbort and Grimaldi (puck-moving forward) on the points. Crazy, but not a bad power play unit.

Now consider those five guys were not playing Saturday due to injuries (yes, Forbort too as he didn't play for Team USA) and UND still hung 7 on Harvard.

Ponder this from Saturday ... Ponder a power play unit of Knight, Rodwell, and Lamoureux up front and Forbort and Grimaldi (puck-moving forward) on the points. Crazy, but not a bad power play unit. Now consider those five guys were not playing Saturday due to injuries (yes, Forbort too as he didn't play for Team USA) and UND still hung 7 on Harvard.

Harvard who is also a pretty good defensive team and brought the top PP in the nation to the REA.