SiouxSports.com Forum

rained out at fire sale

YaneA

Went to the fire sale at the Betty looking for just one particular jersey: black authentic size 50. The line outside the building was like Black Friday outside a WalMart. Once doors opened, six lunchroom sized tables full of jerseys were empty in 15 minutes. Did not find the one I was looking for. When I left empty-handed, there were still plenty of caps and tees and other stuff. People wondering around with arms full of merchandise. I can't imagine there will be much left for tomorrow's opening.

I went during my lunch break and when I arrived the line had already snaked around the building and was growing quickly. I heard that the people toward the front of the line had been waiting since 10:00 this morning.

I walked straight to the jersey tables and began searching for a UND Parise jersey. People were tossing jerseys left and right and I eventually had to settle for a size medium because I couldn't find a size small. I also purchased a t-shirt and a few other items. I saw people carrying armfuls of jerseys, sweatshirts, etc. The place was a zoo and I ended up standing in line for 25 minutes waiting to pay.

I went during my lunch break and when I arrived the line had already snaked around the building and was growing quickly. I heard that the people toward the front of the line had been waiting since 10:00 this morning.

I walked straight to the jersey tables and began searching for a UND Parise jersey. People were tossing jerseys left and right and I eventually had to settle for a size medium because I couldn't find a size small. I also purchased a t-shirt and a few other items. I saw people carrying armfuls of jerseys, sweatshirts, etc. The place was a zoo and I ended up standing in line for 25 minutes waiting to pay.

How much were the jerseys going for with the discount?

How much were the jerseys going for with the discount?

I believe everything was 40% off.

The jersey I bought retails for $199.23 so I paid $119.54 with the discount.

ETA: You would never even know that the items had been 'damaged' by the fire. I bought a white jersey and it's perfectly clean, no smoke odor either. Everything looked good.

Yeah...the place was a zoo. I only landed my green authentic because someone decided they didn't want it and laid it down next to my fiancee while she shopped. Good thing she grabbed it, it was my size!

We got there at 12:10 and walked straight in, but the jerseys were gone by that point and everything else was a mad rush. The line was snaked the whole way around the court of the Betty. We waited in line for about an hour.