SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

Radio!

On the G3C satellite there is two Chinese channels, one in English its like their version of CNN. There are also 20 RTN racetrack channels but they are scrambled, last week I done a G3C install and when we done a blind search we got a live medical operation broadcast! Up until about two months ago there were 4-5 local channels on this satellite but they have since moved, thats the deal with DVB MPEG2 , you never know what the next blind search will bring, you are limited of course if your dish is pointing to one satellite only, for about $100 extra you can add a motor to your dish and this opens you up to HUNDREDS of FTA. free to air channels from all over the world, these include "LIVE SPORTS" live news feeds,music,live soccer and all sorts of special channels. Its a very addictive hobby, of course you dont need a motor to move your dish if you feel confident enough to do it and then get it back to G3C : ) The installation is by no means "rocket science" and many folks have very little problems, I am also only an e-mail away if you have any problems no matter where you get the system. Check out my web site and there is a link to all the FTA channels that a person can get here in the good old US of A. Hope this helps........Go Sioux!

Forgot to say the dish is a wee bit bigger than say a DirecTV dish and should be kept as low as possible or they can end up in the next State!

• Upvote 1

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the info. In reading past posts from you, Sioux fans are lucky to have you so willing to share information. I almost cried (in a good way) when I read on here about getting the games on satellite. Living in NW MN I am waiting till spring to get one and put it up but a can't wait! I enjoy listening to the games on the radio but TV is, well, TV. Hate to hear from my buddies that live in town and watch the games all the time...........thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

We dont really get that much other than the Sioux home games and a few Chinese channels on this satellite (G3C) but I and others have a motor mounted on the dish mast, this lets us move our dish to other satellites, I have seen loads of hockey games this year on other satelltes, there is also Empire Sports games, and all sorts of free channels. Its a lot of fun, good luck.

• Upvote 1

I am new to hockey so I am not the best one to ask, but I have seen Wisconson, USt Cloud, UMD games Sioux away game.....more or less its the games that they show in other areas. Its pot luck what you get on FTA satellite, but after a few weeks you start to see that some programs that are there at the same time every week, but in this hobby there is nothing set in stone, you get what you get. Other than sport I have see every day..... live news feeds/live medical operations/last week we had 7-8 hrs of F1 motor racing, I also like to watch local channels from other parts of the country. I you go to my web site and click on the link to FTA channels it lists all the channels that one could pick up for free in the US, not all these channels are KU band but 70% are. So its really is a hobby rather than a TV service, but there are loads of channels that are there 24/7 like NASA, music channels too many to list.....the most recent find I have come across is Cubavision.

Then a few weeks ago I found LIVE cricket from India, its still underway, that must go down as my best find so far all the experts had not come across it until I found it : ) The main thing is the Sioux games!

• Upvote 1

People with a ku band satellite system might want to try a re scan on the G3C, satellite, as the game is on, but seems to have moved tonight!

Thanks to Steve and Diana, I wear it with pride.Go Sioux!

FREQ. 11990

s/r. 04880

pol. H

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

GLAD to help, cant wait for this season, it seems like almost a year since last season : ) I will be watching every home game if its on satellite, and any away I can , I have also managed to get an analog receiver (Thanks Iceberg) so I am covered for all posibilities.........bring em on!

Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

The analog receivers can be used for occasional sports feeds, last night there was Nascar on one satellite and there is a full line up of Football this weekend : ) (you would also really need a motorized dish to get full benefit from it) I think there was one Sioux away game on analog Ku band satellite last year, these analog receivers can be picked up really cheaply on e-bay and from people who have quit the big ugly dish and have went Directv or Dish. At least this year I will be ready for anything : ) There are a lot of people who have managed to install these systems themselves, but I am available to help anyone no matter where they got the system, as long as they say the magic words.........Go Sioux : ) Look forward to meeting you Sioux fan, if selected : )

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Is this information old? The games the have scheduled are for Jan-Mar of 2004

what they posted in the bottom is old, yes

However, the coordinates were the old ones for a while, then changed to a totally different satellite, and now has the ones which we think are new.

This list goes all the way into 2005.....

http://www.theralph.com/new2/Watch_The_Sio...h_The_Sioux.php

The blind search receivers will find it anyway, and we will post it here ASAP : )

Does anybody know if I will be able to pull in all the games listed in the schedule on the Ralph site or will I only get the FSSN broadcasts and not the WDAZ ones. Thanks in advance.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete (or anybody else out there that has a blind search receiver),

There is a Sioux home football (no Pete, not soccer - american football) game on at 1 pm this Saturday. It's not scheduled to be on FSSN, but I'm thinking that it's worth checking to see if it will be on. If it is on FSSN, please post on this forum the 'actual' coordinates as determined by your blind search. If there is a coach's show this Thursday at 7 pm, the coordinates could be confirmed then as well. Anybody know whether a coach's show will be on this Thursday?

Another question: The REA site mentions an 'allocated bandwidth' of 9.000 MHz. Is this somehow related to the symbol rate, meaning maybe a symbol rate of 9,000?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Its usually just the FSSN games, but last season I also got 2-3 away games on my motorized FTA system.

I really hope they make the WDAZ games available by satellite too. There seems to be a lot of WDAZ games this year and I'd hate to miss all of them.

There might be a reason to the amount of WDAZ games

Sicne the end of the season, both Direct TV & Dish Network added the Fargo/GF locals. The only issue is, Dish Network hasn't settled on an agreement with WDAY & WDAZ, so those aren't on there right now. Part of the issue is, the FCC rule says you only have to carry one of the networks in the market, unless they are in different states. Since WDAZ & WDAY are both in the market, they asked for Dish to carry both and Dish doesn't want to. Since they both are licensed to ND, the rule says Dish only has to carry one.

I hope some of those are carried on FSSN......wasn't some basketball games that were on WDAZ on FSSN too?

PSB and Iceberg. Thanks for monitoring this for us. I can't wait until FSSN starts broadcasting. It looks like a pretty good schedule for this year. This KU band receiver is sooo worth it to this Sioux fan.

I'm a UMD fan but I do like watching the Sioux (actually...any college hockey game) so the KU band is worth it...

Mine's motorized this year (thanks Pete)