SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

does that mean it may be on FSSN as I don't get ESPNU - I may just make the trip if not which would be alright with me

It probably will be on FSN North here in the Cities

EDIT: check FSN's site and can only go until the 24th but they are carrying games on that day so they SHUOLD be carrying the West games too :love:

• Downvote 1

not necessarily

Since ESPN owns the rights, they probbaly wont use Mazooker. All FSN is doing is picking the game up (as other stations wil to) and showing it. They have to use whatever announcers ESPN uses.

Think of the time when the Sioux played UMD in Duluth and FSSN used the feed from WDIO with their announcers. Thats what it will be like

-ESPN graphics

-ESPN announcers

• Downvote 1

not necessarily

Since ESPN owns the rights, they probbaly wont use Mazooker. All FSN is doing is picking the game up (as other stations wil to) and showing it. They have to use whatever announcers ESPN uses.

Think of the time when the Sioux played UMD in Duluth and FSSN used the feed from WDIO with their announcers. Thats what it will be like

-ESPN graphics

-ESPN announcers

don't care...as long as I get to see the game...

Help requested.

Is any channel currently "on" the FSSN satellite? I'm picking up nothing on the whole thing (full blind scan). My dish got moved (I'm an idiot), and I need to repoint. So if anyone is getting anything on that satellite today, please reply with the "location" and your signal strength.

Help requested.

Is any channel currently "on" the FSSN satellite? I'm picking up nothing on the whole thing (full blind scan). My dish got moved (I'm an idiot), and I need to repoint. So if anyone is getting anything on that satellite today, please reply with the "location" and your signal strength.

There is a channel on right now, ABC Newsnow.

Freq: 11956 Vertical

S/R: 3.978 Mbps

Scans in as NEWS1 LIVE

Level 74%, Quality 72%

You should be able to find this today, to get your dish pointed, then you'll have to scan about 15 minutes before gametime to find the FSSN. The coordinates for the FSSN are:

Freq 11991 Vertical

S/R 4.880 Mbps

IA-8

Thanks guys, but I have not been able to pick up anything all day--a big notta everywhere. my dish was only moved sideways and I figured that looking for a known signal, I'd be able to find it easily. I'll try again when FSSN comes up again. about 10-15 minutes before gametime?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyboy know if the regional games will be broadcast on satellite? If so, will they show the MN/Holy Cross game as well? I get FSN Rocky Mountain out here, but according to their website they won't be showing any college hockey. I figured they'd at least show the CC games. :)

Does anyboy know if the regional games will be broadcast on satellite? If so, will they show the MN/Holy Cross game as well? I get FSN Rocky Mountain out here, but according to their website they won't be showing any college hockey. I figured they'd at least show the CC games. :)

FSN North or ESPNU are the only options as far as I know.

FSNRM isnt showing the games

Altitude has the following games (all times CST)

3:00 Friday BU/Neb-Omaha

Saturday

2:00AM HC/UMTC

4:30AM BC/Miami OH

11:00AM Mich St/New Hamp

2:00PM Harvard/Maine

4:30PM CC/Cornell

Sunday

2:00AM NE Final

1:00PM E Final

4:00PM Midwest Final

Monday

2:00AM E Final

4:30AM Midwest Final

8:00AM NE Final

2:00PM West Final

Lot more replays through the week

• Downvote 1

Altitude is another regional sports netwrok (like FSN RM, FSN North, etc). Nuggets and Avalanche are on there.

You can't get it on a Traxis (FTA system) but if you have Dish Network or Direct it will be on there (looks like it will be on Altitude2 which most people should get even without the sports pack (its like a Sports Alternate channel)

• Downvote 1

Thanks for your help! I just ended up renting a box from my cable company to watch FSN North for the weekend. Probably cheaper than paying for drinks at a bar all night!

why would you need a cable box? Dont you get it on regular cable

• Downvote 1

Here's some additional broadcast info I found on UND's site. (Not necessarily satellite)

Additional outlets this weekend's games will be available on include the following:

Friday, March 24 -- UND vs. Michigan, 8:30 p.m. Central Time

Affiliate Location Time

Altitude Colorado Live

Comcast Sportsnet West (Sacramento) Sacramento, Calif. Live

FSN North Wisconsin Wisconsin Live

Metro Sports Network Kansas City, Mo. Live

Comcast Michigan Detroit Tape delay 9:30 p.m.

Cox New England RI, CT Joined in progress live

Saturday, March 25 -- West Region Championship Game, 8 p.m. Central Time

Affiliate Location Time

Altitude Colorado Joined in progress @ 10:30 p.m.

CN8 PA, NJ, CT, MA Live

Comcast Michigan Detroit Live

Cox New England RI, CT Live

Comcast Sportsnet West (Sacramento) Sacramento, Calif. Live

CSS (Comcast Sports SE) Atlanta, Ga. Live

FSN North Wisconsin Wisconsin Live

Mediacom Iowa Live

Metro Sports Network Kansas City, Mo. Live

http://fightingsioux.com/sports/mhockey/re...RELEASE_ID=4746

why would you need a cable box? Dont you get it on regular cable

I get FSN Rocky Mountain on cable, and their online schedule didn't show any college hockey games. So I called my cable company to see if I could purchase FSN North, and they gave me a box to pick up the games. But I just got home from work and there is freaking high school football on, even though the guide shows college hockey in Grand Forks should be on. :angry: Help! The banner on top of the tv shows that this channel is FSN Southwest, so that may be the problem, but I don't know why it shows that college hockey regionals should be on.

You don't get altitude? That is in most areas that FSN RM is

Sounds like what they gave you the box for is Fox College Sports. Its a combination of all the regional sports networks. SInce ESPN owns the rights, I have a feeling it won't be on FCS

Can you get ESPNU with that box?

• Downvote 1