SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

Believe me...we all are taking any somewhat legitmate reasons seriously :lol:

But it has to be the power...here is my reasoning why

Football games against St Cloud and Mich Tech...signal quality 45 with a 30"

Then they sent the signal for the Grand Valley game to Michigan for the UPN in Grand Rapids and for Comcast cable.....signal quality? 75-80!

Football game against Pitt State.....back to 45

Also, when they had the hockey game against Alaska, it was around 90 with a 30"...they had to beam the signal back to Alaska for KTUU (the NBC affiliate there who also was showing the game)

I use my DirecPC dish so I usually have no issues

I have a 90cm dish and seem to have the same problems as peeps with the 30" dish, a quality (American made) 30" can work just as good as poorly made 90cm dish!

The only thing that has saved me is the DirecPC dish I have, I have still to try the new Invacom 0.3db LNBF (SNH 031) but from what I have heard it will "help". An installer from Texas just e-mailed me about them and he was raving about the signal gain, they are guaranteed for 5 years and the good thing about them is its an easy swapout for anyone.

After changing any LNBF you MUST do a re-scan as all LNBF are tuned differently, these LNBF come with a factory printout of their performance. They are also Universal LNBF so the L.O. must be changed in the antenna set up screen to..

09750-10600

Anyone who has one let us know your results, someone at satelliteguys.us done a review of one recently.

So Pete,

For someone who has the 30" dish package (satcom 3618); what would be the easiest/most effective upgrade?  Could you just get a bigger dish or would you need to get a different LNB as well?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

larger dish..the LNB would work regardless of Dish size :lol:

I have to agree with Iceberg (dang) a bigger (and better) dish is always the best way to go, but it "may" be cheaper with just a swap out of the LNBF, no installer service call to pay for you can do it yourself. I dont have one of these LNB's yet so I am only going by what other people have said. Should have one soon and I will post my results.

I added the above LNB and went from 32 (old LNB) and no picture on Friday to 35 and slight pixalation on saturday and then lost the whole thing in the third. The chinese channel that I did set it up on went from 48 to 53. For those of you who are close this MAY push you over the edge and is much easier to swap out. I have not been home during the games so I don't know if more fine tuning would help.

I have an old primestar dish that I got out of a friend's garbage pit. These dishes are 1.2 meter in size. I have never had a problem with signal during a game. Normally about 45%, a few 70%, and one or two 90%+. My only problem has been my Satwork 3688 receiver, as I've been having some apparent overheating or other type of equipment trouble. I don't think Satwork is top of the line merchandise. As far as the dish goes though, size does matter as my signal has consistently been well above what those of you with the smaller dishes or "siouxshop.com" dishes have been reporting. My advice: go dumpster diving for old primestar dishes.

I have an old primestar dish that I got out of a friend's garbage pit.  These dishes are 1.2 meter in size.  I have never had a problem with signal during a game.  Normally about 45%, a few 70%, and one or two 90%+.  My only problem has been my Satwork 3688 receiver, as I've been having some apparent overheating or other type of equipment trouble.  I don't think Satwork is top of the line merchandise.  As far as the dish goes though, size does matter as my signal has consistently been well above what those of you with the smaller dishes or "siouxshop.com" dishes have been reporting.  My advice: go dumpster diving for old primestar dishes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a DirecPC, which is 39x23 and I get about the same signals as you report

I'm still trying to convince the mall near me to let me go on the roof and get the Primestar dish that Radio Shack use to use (when I worked there 10 years ago) :lol:

How was the reception last weekend for the Denver Series?  I wasn't in town for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't home either.....sadly, I was seeing UMD get swept by Mich Tech :lol::lol:???

But I heard from PSB that it was good on his end. Didnt even need the DirecPC dish (which seems to be the track record for a while now)

How was the reception last weekend for the Denver Series?  I wasn't in town for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On Friday night, I watched at home with my 30" and the 1st period was great and then it got gradually worse to the point of unwatchable in the 3rd. I went to Senser's Roseville on Saturday night and it was even pixalating and cutting in and out there. Not good. However, I understand that the Bloomington Senser's has a bigger dish and they never have problems.

Both the UofMN and the UW sites state that their games will be carried on Fox Sports North tonight.  Not sure how that is possible.  Is there any place that would have the Badger vs Denver game in the Minneapolis area?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are 2 Fox Sports North

FSNN MN

FSNN WI

Only difference is the teams...MN can only see MN and WI can only see WI teams. If you have cable, you would get FSNN MN. The exception is WI (obviously)

If you have satellite, the WI game will be on 446 for Dish (Don't know Direct number)

woo hoo! Post 500 for this thread :0