SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

Same thing here in Iowa last night. Usually get around a 38 on quality and lose the picture at 34. Had as high as 48 last night for most of the game but it did drop into the 30's again near the end of the game. Anyone else notice a drop near the end of the 3rd period??

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see on lyngsat.com, the CCTV channels aren't listed anymore as of yesterday.  What will this do to pointing the dish to find the sioux this weekend?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're still on Lyngsat.com....scroll down about 3/4 down the page

Found this at the fightingsioux site

Both UND men's hockey games at Minnesota Duluth to be televised on Fighting Sioux Sports Network

12/7/2004

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- UND men's hockey fans will be able to catch both of the Fighting Sioux men's hockey games on cable television this weekend, as both the Friday and Saturday game will be broadcast on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network.

Game time both nights is 7:07 p.m. Pat Sweeney will call the play-by-play.

Neither game will be televised on WDAZ-TV.

Satellite coordinates for Fighting Sioux hockey on Fighting Sioux Sports Network in 2004-05 are as follows:

Galaxy 3C KU

Transponder 14

Slot c

Vertical Down

Down-link Frequency 12000.75 MHz

L-band Frequency 1250 Mhz OR 1250.75 MHz

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

PMT 480

Video 481

Audio 484 (Primary L&R)

Audio 485 (Secondary L&R)

Saturdays game was to be televised by WDAZ for the GF viewers...this has changed

Looking forward to watching the games.  Let's hope and pray FSSN gives us the signal they put out last Saturday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope Friday works out...Saturday I can watch it on the Duluth ABC station (WDIO), but Friday the FSSN is the only game in town :lol:

Hopefully WDAZ runs the Livestar truck to Duluth so there will be an analog backup :silly:

I am getting 50% quality on Fortec Star Liftime Ultra with 31" dish : )

On my DirecPC dish with Satwork 3618 I get around the same, but of course the Satworks are set low for quality, should be OK.

The Iceberg just called and he has found the Game on G10 Analog TP 23 / V

Go Sioux!

So am I getting this right? If I were to buy one of the dishes and receivers and get them pointed at the right coordinates, I would be able to get all the games broadcasted on the FSSN?  YES

Would I have to pay a monthly service fee like Direct TV? NO

Or is it just a one time expense?  YES

Does it interfere at all with the Direct TV signal?  NO

Can you record the games on your VCR?  YES, if you run the signal from your receiver to your VCR.

Sorry for all the questions--but I am very interested.

Get a hold of PSB, he can give you lots of good advice for your specific situation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me add my two cents. I don't recommend buying the system off the Siouxshop. It's overpriced by far and there is nothing special about it relating to the University. Plus, I'm on my second receiver, since the first one died on me. I suggest you talk to PSB about what to buy or at least buy the same setup directly from a retailer to save a bunch of money...

Well, it held up this past weekend...but wasn't as good signal wise as 12/4 game (when it was 90)....so my assumption was right

the Ralph CAN put out more power if need be

Think about it.....the signal has been around 45-50 all year (or lower)

The football game against GVSU it was at 90

The hockey game Saturday against AA was at 90

why???

Because the football game was being shown in Michigan on a local station and comcast local and the 12/4 hockey game was being shown in Alaska on the NBC station....

since they needed to send the signal to someone else, they had to crank the power up.

It was interesting to see the beginning of the game with only one camera...don't know how that happened as WDIO (ABC Duluth) had the feed and FSSN just tapped into it (and added the one camera from the one end) ???

just my .03

It was interesting to see the beginning of the game with only one camera...don't know how that happened as WDIO (ABC Duluth) had the feed and FSSN just tapped into it (and added the one camera from the one end) ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Technical difficulties, the "tap" was not working to begin the game. THe one FSSN camera started behind the net (wasn't that tough to watch), but when the link to Duluth's feed wasn't working, apparently moved to the corner, not much better, but it didn't seem to take long to get things working.

Technical difficulties, the "tap" was not working to begin the game. THe one FSSN camera started behind the net (wasn't that tough to watch), but when the link to Duluth's feed wasn't working, apparently moved to the corner, not much better, but it didn't seem to take long to get things working.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was watching the live feed and it seemed to be working then :angry:

Maybe Sweeney tripped over the line...(on Friday he kept saying he was in cramp quarters...the DECC pressbox isnt the largest in the league :)