SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

yeah, I think someone was flipping the on/off switch all night....signal quality kept jumping around from 37% (acceptable) to 33%(unwatchable) to 0% to 90% back to 37%...WTF? Nice win for the Sioux though...Oh, and too bad the Goofs lost.. ;)

I watched the game at Eagan Sensers and the game came in great all night.  Might be the place to watch the football game tomorrow.

Yep, Eagan's signal was great last night - no problems at all. Heard the same was true for Roseville.

Bloomington is still working really hard to get their signal fixed - sounds like they are good to go for the FB game today, but ;) for hockey tonight. Still trying to decide if we are going to give it another shot at Bloomington tonight and hope for the best or just start at Eagan and not miss any of the game changing locations like last night...

Glad to hear it "bincitysioux"  You also have a BIG dish thats the answer for this season, I am taking all this real bad as a fan and installer : (

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pete, can recommend a setup that should improve signal stregth, good LNB, best dish size to start with, based on what you've seen so far this year?

I can recommend the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra system with at least the 90cm dish and Universal LNB, if you want to be extra safe go with a BIGGER dish, but they cost more, then they cost extra to mail as they are an OVER SIZE item, see my web site for details, as I said above I have two DirecPC dish available that will go a LONG way to helping with the signal first come first served, it would be just a dish swap out, But the Fortec Star system with the bigger dish is ALL I sell now I have all but given up on Satworks, the Fortec system is a dream system as it has USALS so if you add a motor to the system it finds all the satellites its self, as I said above I also got the DOGS game last night on SBS6 satellite.

With the Sioux signals so weak most folks would need is a BIGGER dish, again see my website as I have 90cm dish that should help, and/or a better LNBF.

Thanks for the info Pete! I just switched over my Direcway service to a local wireless provider, so I'm going up on the roof to take it down today, I'll see what's involved with switching the LNB out, if it's too much hassle I'll be in touch for the larger dish.

My signal is varying wildly, from the upper 40's to the lower 60's. I have experienced some pixalating. I have no idea what's going on.

*edit - my signal is going from bad to worse. Constant pixalating and now the signal is cutting out. Officially unwatchable.

** edit edit - back to periodic pixalation.

How is Senser's doing?

Satwork 3618 and DirecPC dish = 40% Quality (Satworks are set low working great)

Fortec Star and 30" dish = 50% Quality (cutting in and out)

The DirecPC dish does not need a new LNB the one it comes with is a standard KU LNBF : )

GO SIOUX!

Hi Pete. So how much do you think it will help to upgrade to a bigger dish (I have a 76cm how, go to a 90cm) and to a universal LNP? I am assuming on the Satwork 3618 system, it's not universal?

You said in a previous post you had some dishes for sale. What do you have?

The bigger the dish the better, but with Sioux signals being so low there is only so much a bigger dish can help but it will certainly keep it from cutting out breaking up as much, I have two large DirecPC dish and they also would help. I watched the game last night and todays football with only a few break ups (Satwork 3618)

Any receiver can have a Universal LNBF added, being a universal will not help any its all about noise level, the universals that come with the 90cm are 0.5 so if you have an LNB thats a 0.6 right now the Universal will help slightly, I am not making any promises here but a bigger dish collects more signal, and a lower noise LNB pulls in more signal, but the Sioux games should be as good as the CCTV channels. No fair!

Well...so far this hasnt been good

Hooked up the DIrecPC dish and most of the 1st period was completely unwatchable....25 on my crappy Viacast (30 is the threshold and usully works to that). Had the Pansat on SBS6 for the UMD game :D

Today I had about a 60 for the football game and it kept flipping...0,90,45,37, random numbers.....the first quarter was horrible. And this was on the DirecPC dish. CCTV had 92 on it and even peaked at 99.. Finally found the analog signal and watched the rest on the live analog feed. Only difference between the two was the analog feed had no score in the corner and the analog had a much stable picture :sad:

This year for the games is a joke. The Ralph SERIOUSLY has to do something. I've got some Sioux fans who call me asking if the game is on and I always say "you can come over if you want, but I can't guarantee anything"

WTF? I haven't got anything watchable except for part of 1 period all year. last night was the worst with a total 0 (after having a 32 for a while). Today, no football...yet seeing as the internet feed is horrible, and I had to fight with RealPlayer to the AA feed, I took a peek at the dish.....and I get it at a 39. I had outright given up and figured I have to call a pro (Pete). sure its clear today, but still.... not complaining, but this seem to be a might fickle system.

Joe Senser's Bloomington rolled in a Satellite Truck as backup today to peak all its dishes and installed a new 1.8 meter dish . Rock solid signal. No more pixels. But remember it is also a very clear evening. Whats going to happen when the weather goes bad or the Ralph decides to drop its signal again?

Good Luck to Everyone

Go Sioux

I was getting signal of 50 for the football game. We gave up and went to a high school hockey game. For the hockey game signal was > 62. Picture was great. To bad the Sioux weren't scoring goals. It ghas been the signal, like PSB says. Hopefully they'll have this quality signal the rest of the year.

SO happy we were able to get the game last night! Wasn't as happy about the outcome though.....

My signal was between 40-44% all night. I have found as long as it is above 34%, it comes in clear. I hope this has more to do with The Ralph ramping up power than the weather. We're going to next Saturday's Duluth game, but it would be nice to watch Friday's on TV. I hate getting my hopes up and then nothing!