SiouxSports.com Forum

Hey

Fetch

The only part of the game the Sioux really struggled at was the Power Play. Yeah, they had some inept moments at points throughout the game on offense, but they still had a high shot count with plenty of good chances. The defense was stout and the goaltending w/ Dell was superb. It was just one of those games where the puck doesn't bounce your way. Sad, really, because the Sioux were the better team by far. It's what can make hockey frustrating at times...the best team doesn't always win. It's the same case for other sports as well, but more common in hockey, in my opinion.

I've said this for a couple years now around friends....it's the curse of the new logo. This school has had so many great teams over the past decade that have come so close, but just can't win the title.

It was a tough way to end it, but this team was the best team in the country, and they still got to experience something that was probably greater than even Duluth experienced (in winning a NC) when they won the Broadmoor in front of thousands and thousands of Sioux fans...

And I'd say we're all still the luckiest and most spoiled fans in college hockey.

It was a tough way to end it, but this team was the best team in the country, and they still got to experience something that was probably greater than even Duluth experienced (in winning a NC) when they won the Broadmoor in front of thousands and thousands of Sioux fans...

And I'd say we're all still the luckiest and most spoiled fans in college hockey.

What stings is they had the same opportunity at the Frozen Four...a building full of thousands and thousands of Sioux fans. Unfortunately it didn't happen. I'm sure if you ask the Duluth players and Fans they probably wouldn't want to trade places with us! :D I don't know if they could've won a NC in a better venue for their team and fans than the X.

Nevertheless, a great season and one I'll remember for a long time.