SiouxSports.com Forum

Football coverage

Ole in MSP

I think that part of the problem at UND with FB attendance is the coverage that the team gets. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think that the Herald, Sioux Insider, or UND athletic site are anywhere near ready for a DI situation. I went to the UND FB site and got a spring update on the team. It had some gal interviewing Emmitt Lynch about his ballroom dance teaching. There are some videos in there about various position groups etc. and there are a few articles here and there about the QB competition, but they are not easy to find as weblinks and in general the coverage of the major D1 sport other than hockey just plain is terrible, at least from my point of view and with my internet resources. Other opinions?

I think that part of the problem at UND with FB attendance is the coverage that the team gets. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think that the Herald, Sioux Insider, or UND athletic site are anywhere near ready for a DI situation. I went to the UND FB site and got a spring update on the team. It had some gal interviewing Emmitt Lynch about his ballroom dance teaching. There are some videos in there about various position groups etc. and there are a few articles here and there about the QB competition, but they are not easy to find as weblinks and in general the coverage of the major D1 sport other than hockey just plain is terrible, at least from my point of view and with my internet resources. Other opinions?

I think that fightingsioux.com is very good.........as good as a site that is run by an athletic program itself can be expected to be. I'm very thankful for the Sioux Insider guys..........they were very active during the season, during recruiting, and during spring practice. As an apparently independent source of news, they are a great bonus.

The Grand Forks Herald is terribly pathetic when it comes to covering anything other than hockey. We are very lucky to have Schlossman covering that program, he is obviously an extremely hard worker. The rest of the content is not much better than the weekly county newspapers you'll find in rural North Dakota. They simply regurgitate what is posted at Fightingsioux.com a day later. Frustrating to say the least.

I think that fightingsioux.com is very good.........as good as a site that is run by an athletic program itself can be expected to be. I'm very thankful for the Sioux Insider guys..........they were very active during the season, during recruiting, and during spring practice. As an apparently independent source of news, they are a great bonus.

The Grand Forks Herald is terribly pathetic when it comes to covering anything other than hockey. We are very lucky to have Schlossman covering that program, he is obviously an extremely hard worker. The rest of the content is not much better than the weekly county newspapers you'll find in rural North Dakota. They simply regurgitate what is posted at Fightingsioux.com a day later. Frustrating to say the least.

Agree, the UND site is the best of the bunch and probably staffed by students. The rest of the area journalistic types are out to lunch or out hunting or something. In order to be a "big time" program someone up there needs to eat, sleep, and live UND FB and it is not happening so far.

For the most part, I disagree with your post, but I often disagree with most of your negative posts. The UND athletic site for football is good site and easy to navigate. I am also pleased with Sioux Football Insider. The Herald maybe doesn't do the greatest job, but I appreciate what they do. It appears to me that you are never happy with anything related to Sioux football.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the fact that the most circulated media that covers Sioux football is the Herald and they in my opinion and yours apparently are not doing a very good job. I think Sioux insider does as good of a job as two guys not getting paid can do and i appreciate very much. It just isn't circulated to the average joe who may or may not show on a Saturday game without some interest from the local media. Schlossman (spelling I know) does a very good job with hockey but that's his job. It always seems as if Nelson and Miller are two to three days behind Sioux insider and just paraphrase off of what they report. I know they have jobs and need to report on other stuff but I would like to see football become more of a priority. In time I believe this will be the case. HOPEFULLY!

For the most part, I disagree with your post, but I often disagree with most of your negative posts. The UND athletic site for football is good site and easy to navigate. I am also pleased with Sioux Football Insider. The Herald maybe doesn't do the greatest job, but I appreciate what they do. It appears to me that you are never happy with anything related to Sioux football.

You are right. I have not been happy with Sioux FB during the transition and I am pretty sure that I am not alone based on attendance and results on the field. Of the 4 Dakota schools UND was the top program at the time each one announced their move to D1, since then UND has dropped to the bottom of the 4. Does that make you happy?