SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats Northern Colorado

Smoggy

They win 65-60 over Montana.

Pretty cool to have it at home with the fans able to rush the court.

Started in Big Sky in 2003 (I believe) and first time heading to NCAA's.

I was hoping Montana would pull it out. I attended high school with Qvale and would have liked to see him head to the dance as a senior.

I watched parts of that game last night. ESPN2 in HD. I was telling my wife, "Won't it be so cool to see the Sioux in this game?" I don't want to start a flame-war or anything like that, but the Big Sky Finals were on ESPN2 in HD, in a packed stadium (which may have had mor to do with UNC playing at home, perhaps). I noticed the Summit Leauge Final was on Midco in grainy non-HD in a half-empty stadium. I only mention this because I have to say what I was thinking all night last night watching the UNC-Montana game: "I am so happy UND is in the Big Sky."

I watched parts of that game last night. ESPN2 in HD. I was telling my wife, "Won't it be so cool to see the Sioux in this game?" I don't want to start a flame-war or anything like that, but the Big Sky Finals were on ESPN2 in HD, in a packed stadium (which may have had mor to do with UNC playing at home, perhaps). I noticed the Summit Leauge Final was on Midco in grainy non-HD in a half-empty stadium. I only mention this because I have to say what I was thinking all night last night watching the UNC-Montana game: "I am so happy UND is in the Big Sky."

Agree with your sentiment. I believe that the Summit title game was on ESPN2 as well.

Northern Colorado was always more or less a cellar dweller in the NCC, and until their current senior class was recruited, it looked like it would continue that tradition.

Northern Colorado men's basketball progression:

Yr Conf Overall

02-03 3-13 11-15 (Final year in NCC)

03-04 NA 6-23 (DI transition schedule began)

04-05 NA 8-21

05-06 NA 4-27

06-07 2-14 4-26 (Big Sky schedule)

07-08 6-10 13-16

08-09 8-8 14-18

09-10 12-4 25-8

10-11 13.-3 21-10

I'd like to know where UND would host any Big Sky championship: at the Betty, at the Alerus, or at the Ralph (with a weekend WCHA series upcoming). With an NCAA bid on the line, would have to believe that such a game would be the hottest men's ticket the city would experience since maybe the 60's.

I'd like to know where UND would host any Big Sky championship: at the Betty, at the Alerus, or at the Ralph (with a weekend WCHA series upcoming). With an NCAA bid on the line, would have to believe that such a game would be the hottest men's ticket the city would experience since maybe the 60's.

I've been thinking about this as well. Seeing as how the championship was on a Wednesday night I think it could be in the Ralph.

As an aside; to make the Ralph not seem so big couldn't they curtain the upper deck? I thought they had talked about doing this early on.

The Hyslop :D Seriously probably the REA or the Alerus. There would be a lot of people there to see a shot at the dance. (I was at the 1997 National Title game for the Sioux women's team at the Hyslop and it was loud!!!).