SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Census

Cratter

About 145,300 people lived in Cass County as of July 2010, according to the estimates, up more than 17.5 percent since the 2000 estimate.

Burleigh County, home to Bismarck, had the second-highest county population in North Dakota with a 2010 estimate of 81,500. Thats an increase of 17.3 percent from its 2000 estimated population

Grand Forks Countys population at 66,288 in 2010. Thats statistically even with the countys 2000 population of 66,109.

Whats up Grand Forks County? Ten years and it gains 200 people! :lol:

Newspaper article

Newspaper article

The downsizing of the base over the years hasn't helped, but now that's hit rock bottom and is going to start going the other way, that should help. As for Grand Forks itself, I've often thought that our city leaders have no vision and they are content with stagnant to slow growth..............just my opinion.

The downsizing of the base over the years hasn't helped, but now that's hit rock bottom and is going to start going the other way, that should help. As for Grand Forks itself, I've often thought that our city leaders have no vision and they are content with stagnant to slow growth..............just my opinion.

The base is down 5000 from 2000 and Grand Forks the city is up 5000 therefore it is basically a wash for the county.

66,000 x 17% = 11,200

The base only lost 3,000 people in ten years.

Grand Forks County is still missing 9,000 people it could/should have when compared to other regional cities, especially Bismarck, that for whatever reason.

Bismarck was below GF in population not that long ago and now will be double the size of Grand Forks relatively soon.

The numbers quoted in this article are estimates--the official count will be released by April 1. The annual estimates have been consistently wrong. Not to say GF county will see significantly less growth than Cass and Burleigh, but just pointing out those are not official counts.

Newspaper article

66,000 x 17% = 11,200

The base only lost 3,000 people in ten years.

Grand Forks County is still missing 9,000 people it could/should have when compared to other regional cities, especially Bismarck, that for whatever reason.

Bismarck was below GF in population not that long ago and now will be double the size of Grand Forks relatively soon.

It will be interesting to see the official census numbers when they come out. Ward County will probably be right on the heels of Grand Forks County, and if the oil activity keeps up, will probably surpass it by 2020.

Grand Forks grew 7.1% even with the base downsizing continuously over the last 10 years, I don't think that's bad at all. They have GF at just under 53,000 people now, I'm guessing we would have been around 60,000+ if the base would have been left alone, but it happened and now it will be going the other way...............to what degree I don't know, but up is better than down.