SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's development team

burd

This might not be the best place for this question, but a number of you may be able to answer it. Last week, I spent three days in Blaine at the Schwanns rink for a high school girls tournament. On the Herb Brooks rink one evening, the women's national team played an exhibition game against a bunch of men who obviously had a lot of hockey experience. I think they were called the Minnesota development team, but I just stumbled on the game and can't be sure. Another spectator said the team was made up of former D1 players and some former pros who were part of the men's development program. There weren't any roster sheets, so I couldn't tell who was on the ice, though I suspect it included a lot of former gophers. Any of you familiar with this team (or program)?

This might not be the best place for this question, but a number of you may be able to answer it. Last week, I spent three days in Blaine at the Schwanns rink for a high school girls tournament. On the Herb Brooks rink one evening, the women's national team played an exhibition game against a bunch of men who obviously had a lot of hockey experience. I think they were called the Minnesota development team, but I just stumbled on the game and can't be sure. Another spectator said the team was made up of former D1 players and some former pros who were part of the men's development program. There weren't any roster sheets, so I couldn't tell who was on the ice, though I suspect it included a lot of former gophers. Any of you familiar with this team (or program)?

Many fights?