SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Start Times

bincitysioux

There is a poll going on over at FightingSioux.com asking if football start times should be 1:00, 4:00, or 6:00.

Currently 1:00 is getting 53% of the vote. Personally, this is a shock to me. I had thought the 4:00 start times this year were pretty well received. Get over and vote if you agree with me. If not, ignore this post........... :D

There is a poll going on over at FightingSioux.com asking if football start times should be 1:00, 4:00, or 6:00.

Currently 1:00 is getting 53% of the vote. Personally, this is a shock to me. I had thought the 4:00 start times this year were pretty well received. Get over and vote if you agree with me. If not, ignore this post........... :D

The 4 o'clock starts are great when there is nothing else going on in town. But the 1 o'clock is better when there is hockey or another major event. Even homecoming plus the concert at the REA on the same night made it tough for a lot of people. But I make it to most of them unless I have to work, so the start time isn't that important to me.

I hope we stay with 4pm starts on non-hockey weekends. I just think they are great. I have the whole morning to spend with the family or unfortunately complete the honey do list. Catch a little tailgating starting at about 2, and then go to the game- and we are usually done by 7 or so. So you still have a little of your evening left. On hockey weekends, I see what they are trying to do is by going to a 12noon start they are trying to make it less of a non compete with hockey. I am ok with that. I say noon on hockey saturdays and 4pm on all others.

4:00 I believe is a good start time (providing it doesn't conflict with other sports) because a lot of people do work on Saturday's. I feel a later start time coupled with better quality teams coming to town (which will happen with the Big Sky) will mean a larger attendance.

I thought the point of a dome was to have night games. If its at 1 why the hell did we move out of Memorial Stadium. What happened to 6 or 7pm games.

The point of a dome is to avoid 20 degree temperatures with 30 mph winds and snow. They could have put lights up at Memorial if they wanted to play at night. College football is meant to be played during the day for the most part.

The point of a dome is to avoid 20 degree temperatures with 30 mph winds and snow. They could have put lights up at Memorial if they wanted to play at night. College football is meant to be played during the day for the most part.

Memorial Stadium had lights and UND did play at night until sometime in the early 1960's. I remember attending GF Central games there on Friday nights and Sioux games on Saturday nights. Froze my butt a lot too, but it was refreshing. Lights were taken down and UND went to day games all starting at 1 pm for the most part.

Memorial Stadium had lights and UND did play at night until sometime in the early 1960's. I remember attending GF Central games there on Friday nights and Sioux games on Saturday nights. Froze my butt a lot too, but it was refreshing. Lights were taken down and UND went to day games all starting at 1 pm for the most part.

That was before my time. I remember listening to games on the radio in the late 60's and early 70's, then attending games later in the 70's. Those all were afternoon affairs.

For me, 4:00 is ideal.........................

I travel a little bit of distance each game. 4:00 doesn't blow the whole day for me (1:00 does). I can work in the morning, watch football in the late afternoon, and be home before midnight....................

I admit........................I am selfish..........

Also, I think the "party" crowd prefers the later starts.................