SiouxSports.com Forum

March MADNESS is HERE!

SiouxMeNow

here's one school NO ONE gave a chance against the MIGHTY GONZAGA! GO GAELS*!!!!!!!

GO St. Mary's!!!!!

What a great story about a school like this making the BIG DANCE! They are the equivalent to Holy Cross beating the GOOFS a couple years ago at the NCAA Hockey regional and probably the big Cinderella this year!

(* - god what an awful nickname though!)

I always wonder if some of these one-bid league tournaments aren't rigged to try to get 2 teams dancing?

Gonzaga is obviously head and shoulders above anyone in the WCC. Oh but wait, Saint Mary's destroys them in the championship game? How convenient...

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Wright State "somehow" pulls it out against Butler, another team that would likely get an at-large bid.

I always wonder if some of these one-bid league tournaments aren't rigged to try to get 2 teams dancing?

Gonzaga is obviously head and shoulders above anyone in the WCC. Oh but wait, Saint Mary's destroys them in the championship game? How convenient...

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Wright State "somehow" pulls it out against Butler, another team that would likely get an at-large bid.

It would make a lot of sense. You need the most noteriety in the tournement so that you can hype it. "Best field of 64 ever," kind of a thing.

That idea has always been out there. I am sure there have been plenty of midmajor conference commissioners that have been cheering for upsets in some of their tournaments. But I watched the GU/SMC game and GU was not playing their game and SMC was hot from the get go. You can't fake a team being on for a big game.

I don't know what it is but I have always enjoyed following the WCC. I love their late night games on ESPN that I can lay and watch while I'm trying to fall asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously St. Mary's turned out to be very legit, as they're now in the sweet 16.