SiouxSports.com Forum

now would be a good time to get it together

krangodance

our next four series match-ups are against four of the top five teams in the wcha. if the sioux can figure out how to start winning, this would be the perfect time to go on a trademark late season winning streak.

hypothetically speaking, if we win out this season (that's ten wins with eight against top tier teams), then we will likely finish in the top three in the conference.

the sioux truly do hold their fate in their own hands. a win streak right now would negate the sub-par performance exhibited so far this season and put them right in the mix again when talking about national championship contention.

let's go sioux!

I agree with all but the "sub-par" performance.

UMN has had a subpar performance.

Michigan, Notre Dame, BU, and perhaps BC have had subpar performances.

CC is going subpar...

I don't see us as subpar. Not as dynamic, sure, but we're only not clicking in ONE area really. That's hardly subpar.

I agree with all but the "sub-par" performance.

UMN has had a subpar performance.

Michigan, Notre Dame, BU, and perhaps BC have had subpar performances.

CC is going subpar...

I don't see us as subpar. Not as dynamic, sure, but we're only not clicking in ONE area really. That's hardly subpar.

it depends on what you consider par.

par for me is among the top three in the wcha so by my standards the season has been sub-par thus far.

it depends on what you consider par.

par for me is among the top three in the wcha so by my standards the season has been sub-par thus far.

Top 3 would be "par" if you had the best player in the country in the lineup.

It would be a quite feat for Hak and the boys to finish strong and wind up with a 1/2 NCAA seed, with all the adversity they have faced this year.

Pretty good coaching if you ask me.

It would be a quite feat for Hak and the boys to finish strong and wind up with a 1/2 NCAA seed, with all the adversity they have faced this year.

i always have high expectations for this team regardless of their situation. top 3 is par for me and i think it's quite attainable. anything else is sub-par in my opinion. you disagree. that's fine, but it doesn't change my point of view.

I agree with this.

Par, for me, is this:

WCHA top 5 finish (home ice)

NCAA berth

Strong showing at Final 5

subpar is bottom 6 finish, losing early in the Final 5.

Unacceptable is missing the NCAA tourney.

And Hak's a great coach. Fans have thrown him under the bus (cliche' dedicated to GBPakrzzz) every season he's been head coach (and even before he was officially in charge) and he's responded nicely.