SiouxSports.com Forum

Cowboys Stadium

Oxbow6

This is football related so I stuck thread here...flying my dad, who's a huge Cowboys's fan, to Big D tomorrow to see the Cowboys/Chargers game on Sunday. Anyone been to the new stadium??? Any suggestions or sites to take in before the game at or near Cowboys Stadium? 3:15 pm kick-off.

This is football related so I stuck thread here...flying my dad, who's a huge Cowboys's fan, to Big D tomorrow to see the Cowboys/Chargers game on Sunday. Anyone been to the new stadium??? Any suggestions or sites to take in before the game at or near Cowboys Stadium? 3:15 pm kick-off.

They offer tours of the place, but for a fee. Also, it's commonly refered to as "Jerry World" or "Six Flags Over Jerry". ???

They offer tours of the place, but for a fee. Also, it's commonly refered to as "Jerry World" or "Six Flags Over Jerry". ???

Does that include any contact, non-physical of course, with the cheerleaders?! ???

• 3 weeks later...

Oops, a little late but I went there for the Tech-Baylor game. Tickets were $100, but I can't complain too much since they are $95 for the big conference games in Lubbock ($55 for the others). Just about choked at $30 just for parking, heard it's higher for Cowboy games. Cokes were $6, beer was $8.

Looks really impressive, but once you get inside it's just a football stadium. The seats were nice and padded - even had a cupholder - but I was in some 'luxury' seats. We had the 'luxury' restrooms, etc too and they were much nicer than a typical stadium. There was something about the incline of the bleachers - I had to strain to see the sidelines on my side.

That big screen is really impressive. It's like watching a giant HD TV. The field was poorly lit in comparison to the screen and it was tempting to just watch the screen. Kinda defeats the purpose of being there.

Flying down next week for my 4th visit to the stadium. (relative plays). Can park at Rangers stadium across the street for $60. I have had parking pass so I am not sure what the stadium lots are, but you can park at the shopping mall just north of the stadium by spending $45 at the mall and putting your receipt in the car window. Homes near the stadium and private lots charge $25-$80.

Even with good seats you find yourself watching the game on the big screen. Seats are nice but not as nice as the Ralph. Cupholders are a bit flimsy. I have sat in different sections and had good views.

Stadium tour is $17 but if you join the "True Blue" fan club before the tour you get a 2 for 1 price on tours and a 10% discount on anything you by at any of their pro shops. You tour multiple levels, club seating and suites. You go on the field and in the Cowboys locker room and the cheerleaders locker room. (it smelled a lot better for some reason).

If you don't mind the price, go to Bobs Steak and Chophouse or Del Friscos for a great meal. Take the Texas Book Depository Tour if you stay in Dallas.

• 2 months later...

my cousin was at The Pacquoi fight, said that the stadium is amazing, and it was a blast last night

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?...281474978102489

Flying down next week for my 4th visit to the stadium. (relative plays). Can park at Rangers stadium across the street for $60. I have had parking pass so I am not sure what the stadium lots are, but you can park at the shopping mall just north of the stadium by spending $45 at the mall and putting your receipt in the car window. Homes near the stadium and private lots charge $25-$80.

Even with good seats you find yourself watching the game on the big screen. Seats are nice but not as nice as the Ralph. Cupholders are a bit flimsy. I have sat in different sections and had good views.

Stadium tour is $17 but if you join the "True Blue" fan club before the tour you get a 2 for 1 price on tours and a 10% discount on anything you by at any of their pro shops. You tour multiple levels, club seating and suites. You go on the field and in the Cowboys locker room and the cheerleaders locker room. (it smelled a lot better for some reason).

If you don't mind the price, go to Bobs Steak and Chophouse or Del Friscos for a great meal. Take the Texas Book Depository Tour if you stay in Dallas.