SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews and Trupp (TnT); New Sioux Dynamite?

yababy8

I have been meaning to create a thread about Trupp since last summer but I haven't had the time until now.

See I turned off my cable last summer because I pretty much can't stand TV (except for hockey and Football). So for a pass-time at night I watched last year

BTW as far as Malone goes, I would say he is a mix between a guy like Toews and a Vandy.

I also think Cichy or Kristo or maybe even Knight-not sure about him yet- would be good on a line with Trupp.

Up until this part I agreed completely. Malone is a streaky guy offensively. He'll go on a stretch of a few games where he looks great, then will disappear in the offensive zone a few games. I can't say I agree that he's a mix between Toews and Vandy. Toews is a really skillful player and Vandy hardly has a flaw. Malone fits pretty well wherever he is put. If we put him with some scorers, he won't slow them down too much (although won't be as skillful as a guy like Vandy), but if we put him on a checking line, he does great there, and can add more offense to a checking line. I think you could take a little bit of everyone on the team and make a Malone, whether good or bad. He's a great player to have with his versatility.

As far as having Cichy, Kristo or Knight with Trupp....I'd say you have to leave Kristo out of it. His skill is a great fit with Gregoire and Vande Velde on that top line. I don't think you can switch that up. I do like the idea of Toews and Trupp together though. Trupper is a little guy with one of the biggest hearts on the team.

Either way, the guys like Trupper and Toews will be the deal breakers come playoff time. If they keep the intensity levels and focus at a high, they can take us places. All playoff teams will have a decent top line or two, but when you get down to the nitty gritty, the championship teams can roll four and do it well.

I think you could take a little bit of everyone on the team and make a Malone, whether good or bad. He's a great player to have with his versatility.

I totally agree with your take on Malone. I was trying to say what you did. The one thing I notice about Malone is that he makes nifty passes from time to time- behind the net and from the circle areas he can throw a slick feed to a line-mate. Vandy is more of a shoulder the defender off the puck and drive it to the net. Maybe you could say Vandy is more Michael Jordan and Malone is a little more Magic Johnson when it comes to driving to the net. That's giving them some props huh?

I'd say you have to leave Kristo out of it. His skill is a great fit with Gregoire and Vande Velde on that top line. I don't think you can switch that up.

At this point I agree but let's see how they develop further..

i agree about trupp and toews... in fact i would say they have been our best two forwards so far this season (although gregoire and vandy are animals on the top line too). as to malone... i think he has improved steadily each season, and is turning into a very solid center, and i wouldn't underestimate his offensive ability. now as to the comment about our top line... 3 very skilled players that deserve to be top line guys, but kristo hasn't found it yet. whether he isn't quite in sync with his veteran linemates, or if he is just learning on the go, he is a frosh, we will see. i think he will find it, and hopefully soon, as he is a very talented hockey player, but i think he is just finding his spot on his line and in the sioux system. i'll go out on a limb and say kristo buries a couple this weekend! GO SIOUX!!

i really thought toews would break out this season as when he did play last season when healthy he was productive. hes shown early this year he can potentialy be a point per game guy along with a handful of others which is great as this team is very balanced. go sioux! sweep the huskies