SiouxSports.com Forum

Who get's this nod vs. BC

Superman0099

Who should start vs. BC October 17th?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start vs. BC October 17th?

• J. Brandt
    • J. Parise
    • N. Ziegelman

The goalie that gets the nod will likely be the goalie that has the best week of practice during the week leading up to the BC series.

As for the Concordia game, I am assuming that each goalie will play one period.

Each goalie suited up for the game. We are not allowed to suit up all three goalies.

My guess is that Brandt will start both games with Ziegelman seeing some time in the Concordia game perhaps in the 2nd or 3rd period. Why? Blais has said over and over that Jake's the #1. Well, that message has to be sent, which is why Jake will start both games.

I also see that Parise will be the official #2, but I highly doubt that they won't play rotat-a-backup if Brandt works out. Let's say this: If We beat BC or tie them, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Brandt will be named #1. If we don't, then get ready for another year of rotat-a-goalie.

This isn't saying that Ziegelmann (we gotta give that dude a nickname) and JParise won't get playing time. I'm saying that, if the BC serioes goes well, we may finally have a #1 through and through.

Each goalie suited up for the game. We are not allowed to suit up all three goalies.

My guess is that Brandt will start both games with Ziegelman seeing some time in the Concordia game perhaps in the 2nd or 3rd period. Why? Blais has said over and over that Jake's the #1. Well, that message has to be sent, which is why Jake will start both games.

I also see that Parise will be the official #2, but I highly doubt that they won't play rotat-a-backup if Brandt works out. Let's say this: If We beat BC or tie them, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Brandt will be named #1. If we don't, then get ready for another year of rotat-a-goalie.

This isn't saying that Ziegelmann (we gotta give that dude a nickname) and JParise won't get playing time. I'm saying that, if the BC serioes goes well, we may finally have a #1 through and through.

'schmidtdoggydog' is right. All three goalies will dress for the Concordia game with each playing a period. Three goalies can dress for the game and as a matter of fact at home the Sioux sometimes dress three and in a few games we had to use all three. :) As for the BC series, Brandt will most likely get the nod on Friday. As for Saturday it depends on Jake's performance Friday.

What would happen to our overall rankings if we lost against Concordia? I doubt we'd lose, but since UAA lost to St. Francis Xavier or something like that in an exhibition game, I thought I'd ask. Does it effect the rankings, PWR, record at all?

I kn ow warmups don't really account for in game performance, but Ziggy's warmups on Saturday weren't too sharp. He got beat 5 hole and stick side a lot more than Parise did. That's why I got nervous early. Reichmuth didn't let anything in during warmups.

I doubt we'd lose, but since UAA lost to St. Francis Xavier or something like that in an exhibition game, I thought I'd ask.

Reichmuth didn't let anything in during warmups.

Maybe not, but he let in three during the game when it matters!

As for UAA, they got off to an inauspicious start losing to Northern Alberta.

Thank you UMD. You guys should slaughter them, but watch them closely. European hockey players play the game very differently than US teams.

Vanek plays in a very European style... of course he's from Austria. Yes, I know he played for Sioux Falls of the USHL.

Trust me, it'll be different... if they can get up from all the hits you guys put on them. :)

I would be interested in getting a program for that UMD game, but i doubt I'd be able to travel to Duluth to get it.