SiouxSports.com Forum

Looking for Sioux hockey history book

shamus

I remember a few years ago my uncle had a book that broke down the history of UND hockey season by season with a lot of pics. I cannot remember the title of the book and have been trying to find it through google, amazon, and looked at the REA Sioux shop, but haven't had any luck. Anyone know of the book I'm referring to or did I dream about this? Anyone know where I could find/purchase this book, if it exists?

I remember a few years ago my uncle had a book that broke down the history of UND hockey season by season with a lot of pics. I cannot remember the title of the book and have been trying to find it through google, amazon, and looked at the REA Sioux shop, but haven't had any luck. Anyone know of the book I'm referring to or did I dream about this? Anyone know where I could find/purchase this book, if it exists?

There are two, "Fight on Sioux" and "75 Years of Fighting Sioux Hockey History". Not sure if either is still available.

The first was published by the Grand Forks Herald in 2001 and has write-ups of each of the Sioux's 7 championships (by Virg Foss). The second is probably the one you remember, not sure if it still can be bought at the bookstore or REA.

There are two, "Fight on Sioux" and "75 Years of Fighting Sioux Hockey History". Not sure if either is still available.

The first was published by the Grand Forks Herald in 2001 and has write-ups of each of the Sioux's 7 championships (by Virg Foss). The second is probably the one you remember, not sure if it still can be bought at the bookstore or REA.

A complimentary copy of "Fight on Sioux" was on every seat the Friday game of the Mankato series after Ralph E died. I don't live in the area and don't catch many games in GF, so I don't know if that was coincidence. My favorite pic is a double across pages 2 & 3 showing the sioux goalie (maskless) from a '59 game in the barn.

I was just at the UND bookstore (used to be Barnes and Noble) and they have it there. I bought it there a few years ago. GREAT BOOK :)

dang. just looked at their online store and can't find it there. you're talking about the "75 Years" book, correct?

dang. just looked at their online store and can't find it there. you're talking about the "75 Years" book, correct?

Barnes & Noble (or whatever it is now....) had them for 75% off for a long time, which put them at $5 a copy. Last I knew, they still had some. And yes, referring to the 75 years book.