SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five hotels

MattC

I've been looking at different hotels that are close to the Xcel Energy Center and I have tried to reserve a room at a couple of hotels with no luck. Does everyone have their rooms booked already? I thought trying to book a room 6 months in advance was being proactive. :)

For the record, I tried the Holiday Inn Rivercentre and the Crown Plaza. Last year we stayed between Minneapolis and St Paul and rode buses to the games and I'd like to not do that this year. I'd rather be within walking distance.

I've been looking at different hotels that are close to the Xcel Energy Center and I have tried to reserve a room at a couple of hotels with no luck. Does everyone have their rooms booked already? I thought trying to book a room 6 months in advance was being proactive. :)

For the record, I tried the Holiday Inn Rivercentre and the Crown Plaza. Last year we stayed between Minneapolis and St Paul and rode buses to the games and I'd like to not do that this year. I'd rather be within walking distance.

The Holiday Inn Rivercentre has a special Final Five rate. You have to call them directly and talk to somebody in their sales department, but they make you prepay for the entire stay and it is nonrefundable.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites. They have a shuttle between the hotel and the XCEL Center. You should be able to book a room there online.

We stay at the Kelly Inn and book our rooms for the next Final Five when we check out Sunday morning. Even though we are booked a year in advance there is no deposit required and can be cancelled at any time.

It is in walking distance to the arena, has a small bar and restaurant. Prices are fair.

I think this will be our fifth or sixth year staying there.

The Holiday Inn Rivercentre has a special Final Five rate. You have to call them directly and talk to somebody in their sales department, but they make you prepay for the entire stay and it is nonrefundable.

It was like 578.00 last year for the whole three days. There are a lot of rules as well, I remember getting the riot act when I check in. Then you pay 45.00 for parking in their lot as well. Some people got kicked out the first night for violating the no party clause. I really like staying there because it was right across from the arena and you could walk/stumble to everything that you needed. Great Bars, Dunn Brothers coffee.

I have rooms booked at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown for now as a just in case which is about 5-6 blocks away from the Xcel Center. May check around to see what else is available.

By the way, when do tickets usually go on sale for this?

I have rooms booked at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown for now as a just in case which is about 5-6 blocks away from the Xcel Center. May check around to see what else is available.

By the way, when do tickets usually go on sale for this?

I got my ticket renewal package in the mail aready.

I got my ticket renewal package in the mail aready.

This will be my first time going to the Final Five so I dont have any access to a renewal package. So any idea when tickets for people like myself would go on sale? Thanks!