SiouxSports.com Forum

Thoughts on Final Season Record

star2city

What will be the Fighting Sioux' Record?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. 2009 Season

• 10-1
    • 9-2
    • 8-3
    • 7-4
    • 6-5
    • 5-6
    • 4-7 or worse

Remaining Schedule

Sept. 26 Stephen F. Austin Nacogdoches, TX 6:00

Oct. 3 South Dakota Grand Forks, ND

Oct. 10 Stony Brook (Potato Bowl) Grand Forks, ND 1:00

Oct. 17 Sioux Falls Grand Forks, ND 1:00

Oct. 24 Southern Utah Cedar City, UT

Oct. 31 Cal Poly Grand Forks, ND

Nov. 7 Southern Oregon Grand Forks, ND

Nov. 14 UC Davis Davis, CA

Nov. 28 Central Arkansas Conway, AR 4

6-5

One home loss to Cal Poly and 3 away losses at SFA, UC-Davis, and UCA

In a building year, anything more would be outstanding.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, although USD will be tough.

Also, you can call me crazy (and many of you did last year when I said UMD would have won the NCC and would give Grand Valley all they could handle ;) ) but UND will have its hands full with Sioux Falls. Yes, USF is NAIA but they have a great team. I really like the job Faison has done so far, but scheduling a team like USF was not wise at this point in the transition.

Also, you can call me crazy (and many of you did last year when I said UMD would have won the NCC and would give Grand Valley all they could handle ;) ) but UND will have its hands full with Sioux Falls. Yes, USF is NAIA but they have a great team. I really like the job Faison has done so far, but scheduling a team like USF was not wise at this point in the transition.

That is a trap game.

According to Massey, if Sioux Falls was a DII today they'd be in the top 25.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, although USD will be tough.

Would you say Sioux Falls is somewhat like some of the Winona teams of the early 2000's--little depth and some pretty big weaknesses but enough skill position players to stay with deeper and more talented teams?

Would you say Sioux Falls is somewhat like some of the Winona teams of the early 2000's--little depth and some pretty big weaknesses but enough skill position players to stay with deeper and more talented teams?

Actually, I think USF is built a bit different than what you would typically see from a lower division team. They are big on the oline (like 6-3, 300 kind of big) and they should be able to physically challenge UND more than you would expect from an NAIA team. UND's advantage should be speed and depth at the skill positions, but if they don't come ready to play this game will be a problem.