SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 Liberty Mutual COTY

SiouxMD

10th place...and falling like a stone.

:D

VOTE.

Hey Doc - let it go! Internet popularity contests totally BLOW!!! Do you think if the season ended today and Muss won he'd really feel like "Coach of the Year?" - I'd guess not...lets try to focus on the SS.com MR. CONGENIALITY Contest!

(which I am also, unfortunately, not eligible for...it don't make me a bad person!)

Hey Doc - let it go! Internet popularity contests totally BLOW!!! Do you think if the season ended today and Muss won he'd really feel like "Coach of the Year?" - I'd guess not...lets try to focus on the SS.com MR. CONGENIALITY Contest!

I agree that this is a popularity contest and the winner will simply be the coach whose teams' fans are most successful in convincing others to vote. Mussman isn't going to win nor should he win.

The primary purpose for continuing to vote for him is PR - it could be a factor (likely a small factor) in a recruit's decision-making process when decidng between a couple of schools. There are no negatives, only potential positives, in the UND football coach finishing high in this voting!

Let's keep (or start) voting!

(which I am also, unfortunately, not eligible for...it don't make me a bad person!)

In the end...fan voting accounts for only 20% of the final selection process.

You never know how the season will turn out...

07DEC2007

28DEC2007

Have a nice day.

GO SIOUX

In the end...fan voting accounts for only 20% of the final selection process.

You never know how the season will turn out...

07DEC2007

28DEC2007

Have a nice day.

GO SIOUX

Wow, watch that Lennon video and look at the playmakers we had. Chappell running past entire defenses, Dressler making insane catches. Imagine if we had Chappell and/OR Josh Murray out there this year.

Wow, watch that Lennon video and look at the playmakers we had. Chappell running past entire defenses, Dressler making insane catches. Imagine if we had Chappell and/OR Josh Murray out there this year.

While it would be nice to have some of the skill position players from the mid-2000's, I think we miss the offensive lines from that era more. A lot more. Offensive line and linebacker used to be the areas where we seemed to excel year after year after year. Now, they are the areas which need the most improvement IMO.

This is a joke, right? Our coaching staff was in way over their heads against Sioux Falls. He's lucky to keep his job. He has presided over perhaps the worst loss in Sioux history.

Worst loss in Sioux history? This is a joke right? :D Sioux Falls had a hell of a team and brought their A game. Their loss to Stephen A Austin was WAY worst than this one. Don't make stupid posts when you don't know what you are talking about.

This is a joke, right? Our coaching staff was in way over their heads against Sioux Falls. He's lucky to keep his job. He has presided over perhaps the worst loss in Sioux history.

Worst loss in Sioux history...that's debatable. The fact that our coaching staff had this team ill prepared and was also grossly out-coached last Sat...that's NOT debatable. Two things I've noticed in the games I've watched. 1) we come out flat most of the time to start the game 2) we are awful at making any adjustments during the game on either side of the ball.

Worst loss in Sioux history? This is a joke right? :D Sioux Falls had a hell of a team and brought their A game. Their loss to Stephen A Austin was WAY worst than this one. Don't make stupid posts when you don't know what you are talking about.

There are many ways to figure what a "worst loss" is - point spread, physical domination, lack of effort, choke value, intangibles lost (such as playoffs or conference championships) . I feel that getting spanked by an NAIA team at home when we are trying to get some DIVISION IAA respect qualifies as a contender. It was as sad a moment in Sioux football as I can remember. It was as poor an effort from top to bottom as I have seen. If you disagaree - fine -make your case. However, I can do without your snide attitude. Keep your insults to yourself. You certainly haven't established youself as our resident expert.

PS My original point was that it was somewhat silly to vote for Mussman as coach of the year after what I called our worst loss ever. Your smart ass rebuttal of me lists another loss during which he was head coach as evidence I am wrong.

There are many ways to figure what a "worst loss" is - point spread, physical domination, lack of effort, choke value, intangibles lost (such as playoffs or conference championships) . I feel that getting spanked by an NAIA team at home when we are trying to get some DIVISION IAA respect qualifies as a contender. It was as sad a moment in Sioux football as I can remember. It was as poor an effort from top to bottom as I have seen. If you disagaree - fine -make your case. However, I can do without your snide attitude. Keep your insults to yourself. You certainly haven't established youself as our resident expert.

PS My original point was that it was somewhat silly to vote for Mussman as coach of the year after what I called our worst loss ever. Your smart ass rebuttal of me lists another loss during which he was head coach as evidence I am wrong.

I've been following UND football since I was a young kid in the early 1980's, and although certainly there were some NDSU losses during our dark years of the mid-1980's that were pretty embarrassing, last Saturday is up there at or near the top of the list of losses that really bothered me.

SFA is a good D1AA team Sioux Falls is a good NAIA team. D1AA>NAIA. don't make stupid posts when your argument is stupid.

SFA is a good D1AA team Sioux Falls is a good NAIA team. D1AA>NAIA. don't make stupid posts when your argument is stupid.

Look, we are still in transition. NDSU did very well during transition, but suck a*s now (when it counts the most). SDSU lost to UW-Lacrosse a DIII school and struggled a bit more than NDSU (even though they did seem to have NDSU's number during that time :D ) and now they are ranked in the top 25 in DIAA. People think that the world is going to end because we lost to a very good NAIA team. We were out coached and out played. Sure it left a bad taste in my mouth, but I moved on. Just like some of you posters that think this was the worst loss in UND football history should do. Move on. Let's worry about the rest of the Great West conference schedule and hope that the season goes well for us! ;)

Sorry I was a little harsh about making that comment. I, along with a lot of Sioux football fans, just hope for the best in the rest of this football season. Let's make our stamp on the Great West conference this year!!!!!

Sorry I was a little harsh about making that comment. I, along with a lot of Sioux football fans, just hope for the best in the rest of this football season. Let's make our stamp on the Great West conference this year!!!!!

I understand - we have all been reacting emotionally to the loss - some of us venting and some expressing faith in the Sioux team. It seems like some of the faithful have had a hard time hearing those of us who are frustrated.

Those of us who have been venting want the Sioux to succeed also. We just hope that the necessaray adjsutments are being made. If we can play a solid game on Saturday, it will go a long way towards getting everyone aboard again. We all want the same thing - some of us were just pretty frustrated at the effort (especially by coaches) on Saturday. Lets try to put it behind us and move on. I appreciate your post.

Look, we are still in transition. NDSU did very well during transition, but suck a*s now (when it counts the most). SDSU lost to UW-Lacrosse a DIII school and struggled a bit more than NDSU (even though they did seem to have NDSU's number during that time :D ) and now they are ranked in the top 25 in DIAA. People think that the world is going to end because we lost to a very good NAIA team. We were out coached and out played. Sure it left a bad taste in my mouth, but I moved on. Just like some of you posters that think this was the worst loss in UND football history should do. Move on. Let's worry about the rest of the Great West conference schedule and hope that the season goes well for us! ;)

I don't disagree with your point of view I was just pointing out what I thought I agree with everything that you said I was just pointing out the differences in who we lost to.

The Liberty Mutual COTY thing is a total work..check out Dales "VIDEO" they produced 2 years ago when he was a "finalist" - not bad but it got less than 500 VIEWS on YOUTUBE for crying out loud!!!

Liberty Mutual SUCKS!

This poll is a TOTAL sham - TOTALLY unimportant and just a way for Liberty Mutual to try to sign you up new customers for an insurance pitch....STAY AWAY!!!!!! (unless you need insurance)

The Liberty Mutual COTY thing is a total work..check out Dales "VIDEO" they produced 2 years ago when he was a "finalist" - not bad but it got less than 500 VIEWS on YOUTUBE for crying out loud!!!

Liberty Mutual SUCKS!

This poll is a TOTAL sham - TOTALLY unimportant and just a way for Liberty Mutual to try to sign you up new customers for an insurance pitch....STAY AWAY!!!!!! (unless you need insurance)

I don't disagree but some 18 y/o recruit may not understand this - seeing UND's coach doing well may help influence his college choice! I recommend we keep voting!

Liberty Mutual SUCKS!

Not that it will matter to you...but if you don't click the little box that says something like send me more information about your product then you won't be subjected to their pitch. I have yet to receive any solicitation by the company since I started voting back in 06 or 07.

The finalist videos are shown during the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Finalist Show which in years past has been shown on ABC. I wonder how many people saw former Coach Lennon's video then?

One last comment...then I need to go vote for today...I wonder if these four coaches feel like they got shammed last year?

Not that it will matter to you...but if you don't click the little box that says something like send me more information about your product then you won't be subjected to their pitch. I have yet to receive any solicitation by the company since I started voting back in 06 or 07.

The finalist videos are shown during the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Finalist Show which in years past has been shown on ABC. I wonder how many people saw former Coach Lennon's video then?

One last comment...then I need to go vote for today...I wonder if these four coaches feel like they got shammed last year?

ugghh! I'm not saying the coaches got "shammed" - it's a SHAM in principle! ie - the coach that can get the most votes in an internet contest is considered this company's "Coach of the Year"....WHY?;)?;) Because they corralled the biggest nerd army to vote for them? That's no criteria for a "Coach of the Year" - and I opted out of LM's email list and STILL got email solicitations! :0

That's just my 2 cents. If it makes you happy....CLICK AWAY to your hearts content. I will not. When you're done, keep walking down the Midway and enjoy some delicious cotton candy...

(carnies and rubes...CARNIES AND RUBES! :) )