SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 2 Scores

GeauxSioux

Well......it really would depend on how you define "well". In the first half he seemed to struggle but then in the second half he seemed to get it together. That being said.....I am not sure Sam Houston was a decent defense. So, if Mertens was starting to put it together against a lousy defense, I am less impressed that if it had been a good D unit out there. I guess for me, the jury is still out on whether or not Mertens has it.

Now the D totally stunk the place up....and that opinion seems to be fairly universal among the fans. Based on what I saw in the Sam Houston game combined with the loss to a weak ISU......The beer bong at tailgating may be the high point of the season for me....... :D

I've only seen mertens play in person one time but I've watched him high lights of him on the craigh bohl footballl show and I can say without doubt that I'm glad we have landry and not mertens.

It appears to me that he doesn't have that strong of an arm. not sure if it's on purpose but it appears that he lobs almost every ball he throws, including a slant to a wide receiver. He did run for a couple touchdowns last weekend but I think Landry showed against Tech with his ability to escape the rush and get positive yards that he is more then capable in that department as well. I don't think you will see any designed runs for Landry though.

Not trying to be a bison hater but I'm just glad we have landry. Anybody else agree with me on this?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey c'mon! Nick was (and IS) an amazing athlete when he led the Greenwave to a state title a couple years ago? That was (AND WILL ALWAYS BE) probably one of the best teams east-side has ever fielded and I had the privilege of watching them almost every game that season (up TO the championship) and every one of those guys will ALWAYS have my respect for doing something thats very tough to do. Just because he wound up at ndsu is no reason to hate him...CHRIST! LOOK at the upside -- NDSU PAYED for his education....SCORE!!!!! :D:)