SiouxSports.com Forum

Landry = Solid

GeauxSioux

You have to hand it to the kid. He's had extensive playing time in exactly two games--two years ago in a playoff game at Grand Valley, and yesterday at Texas Tech. And he played solidly on both occasions. I wasn't sure before yesterday, but it certainly looks like he's capable of having a big year.

You have to hand it to the kid. He's had extensive playing time in exactly two games--two years ago in a playoff game at Grand Valley, and yesterday at Texas Tech. And he played solidly on both occasions. I wasn't sure before yesterday, but it certainly looks like he's capable of having a big year.

I agree with this and still do not understand why...? Even as good as Danny Freund played the last 2 years Jake should have seen the field to prepare him better...

That being said, He has always been a great competitor (should have seen him pitch a baseball game). His quick reads in the Tech game were very good, just watched the highlight show and his quick release and ability to get the ball to the open receiver were alot of the reason we stayed competitive. The longer our drives on offense were the less time Tech had to do damage. He is a Big, Strong, and Smart young man with Football instincts, it is going to be fun to watch him play....

I agree with this and still do not understand why...? Even as good as Danny Freund played the last 2 years Jake should have seen the field to prepare him better...

That being said, He has always been a great competitor (should have seen him pitch a baseball game). His quick reads in the Tech game were very good, just watched the highlight show and his quick release and ability to get the ball to the open receiver were alot of the reason we stayed competitive. The longer our drives on offense were the less time Tech had to do damage. He is a Big, Strong, and Smart young man with Football instincts, it is going to be fun to watch him play....

I concur. I was at the game and I thought Landry looked as if he knew he belonged. He didn't appear starry eyed or having the "deer in headlights" look. He played with a lot of confidence. Props go out to our defense too! I'm still not convinced that Texas Tech QB, Potts, got into the end zone on 4th and goal but regardless, me (and the Tech fans sitting around me) were very impressed with the Sioux defense's toughness, despite the Tech offensive line's size advantage.