SiouxSports.com Forum

Positive moves this year in support of football

FSSD

I have to say - great job to football staff and support staff. I have noticed the changes this year and hope to see more in the future:

Great Moves:

1) New contract with Alerus center and facility improvements.

2) Team store at the Alerus center

3) Increased media exposure

- Weekly player blog - very well done

- Appears to be daily video updates

- Daily new releases promoting the program

4) New uniforms - they look great

5) Football Schedule

- I know the home schdule is weak this year. But two of five games are paired with home hockey games. This make the road trips easier to justify.

- Future schedule is building - home and home with Montana now.. keep it coming..

6) Coaches and school out in community more this year..

Recommended improvements:

- Look into increased TV exposure - USD has four games on TV this year via Midcontinent Cable

- I get the annual pass for webcasts - for games that are not on the air, can you tie the radio broadcast in with webcast. So, we have announcers.

- Can we have FSSN go HD? - I would image sat and cable providers would be looking for HD sports to air (Hockey and Football). I know that might be too expensive but thought that I would throw that out..

- Coaches and school out in community more this year.. - please look to do more in the MSP area.

Anyway, I impressed with the changes that I have seen. Anyone with other thougths for potential improvements.

Agree with everything you have said.

Recommended improvements:

- Look into increased TV exposure - USD has four games on TV this year via Midcontinent Cable

- I get the annual pass for webcasts - for games that are not on the air, can you tie the radio broadcast in with webcast. So, we have announcers.

- Can we have FSSN go HD? - I would image sat and cable providers would be looking for HD sports to air (Hockey and Football). I know that might be too expensive but thought that I would throw that out..

- Coaches and school out in community more this year.. - please look to do more in the MSP area.

Anyway, I impressed with the changes that I have seen. Anyone with other thougths for potential improvements.

Along the lines of improvements..........

As far as TV exposure, I'm anxious to see the release of the FSSN broadcast schedule. I'd think there would be more games televised than in the last couple years, this administration seems to see the value in increased media coverage, case-in-point: the new radio network and the increased internet coverage on Fightingsioux.com both by video and blog. IMO, since the Alerus is capable of it and the University basically owns its own TV network, every single home game should be televised on cable/FTA satellite via the FSSN and Midco. I would also like to see at least one football game put on statewide TV each season; homecoming, Potato Bowl, whatever.

For the webcasts, isn't the radio already synched with the video? I haven't watched alot of football webcasts but the ones I have I believe had Dan Hammer calling the game. I do watch alot of basketball webcasts, and they are always synched with the radio call.

Agree with everything you have said.

Along the lines of improvements..........

As far as TV exposure, I'm anxious to see the release of the FSSN broadcast schedule. I'd think there would be more games televised than in the last couple years, this administration seems to see the value in increased media coverage, case-in-point: the new radio network and the increased internet coverage on Fightingsioux.com both by video and blog. IMO, since the Alerus is capable of it and the University basically owns its own TV network, every single home game should be televised on cable/FTA satellite via the FSSN and Midco. I would also like to see at least one football game put on statewide TV each season; homecoming, Potato Bowl, whatever.

For the webcasts, isn't the radio already synched with the video? I haven't watched alot of football webcasts but the ones I have I believe had Dan Hammer calling the game. I do watch alot of basketball webcasts, and they are always synched with the radio call.

The only games with announcer were FSSN broadcast games. The other games had the PA announcer..

• 1 month later...

White Out Weekend vs USF

It's neat to see that they are planning to tie in a football whiteout with the hockey whiteout. It would have been fun to see them selling some sort of "UND Football Whiteout Weekend 2009" Tees at the Alerus during the first two football games that we could have wore to the game. And I haven't seen anything on FightingSioux.com yet. I hope they do some sort of promoting of it at this weekends game.

Still nice to see them trying to tie Football and Hockey together some.

White Out Weekend vs USF

It's neat to see that they are planning to tie in a football whiteout with the hockey whiteout. It would have been fun to see them selling some sort of "UND Football Whiteout Weekend 2009" Tees at the Alerus during the first two football games that we could have wore to the game. And I haven't seen anything on FightingSioux.com yet. I hope they do some sort of promoting of it at this weekends game.

Still nice to see them trying to tie Football and Hockey together some.

Yes, it would be nice to see someone do some advertising for the football White Out. I would buy a football White Out Tee for sure...