SiouxSports.com Forum

Haring

UND Fan

Per http://www.fargosouthgirlsbasketball.com, Fargo South's Caitlyn Haring will be playing both BB and soccer at UND. She may be getting some scholarship $ for soccer but I assume she is walking on for BB. Who has seen her play? She doesn't score much but has great stats otherwise!

Can anyone give us some insight about her talents and the likelihood of her contributing?

Per http://www.fargosouthgirlsbasketball.com, Fargo South's Caitlyn Haring will be playing both BB and soccer at UND. She may be getting some scholarship $ for soccer but I assume she is walking on for BB. Who has seen her play? She doesn't score much but has great stats otherwise!

Can anyone give us some insight about her talents and the likelihood of her contributing?

Pretty sure if she gets any money it will count against basketball. The money might come from soccer's budget, but she would be one of the 15 WBB counters and not count against soccer's 14 scholie limit.

Pretty sure if she gets any money it will count against basketball. The money might come from soccer's budget, but she would be one of the 15 WBB counters and not count against soccer's 14 scholie limit.

There are no scholarships left for women's bball (and even if somebody leaves early and a scholarship opens up, presumably it would go to Brittany Peterson), so either i) she won't play basketball, even as a walk-on; or ii) she's not getting any soccer scholarship money either, so it wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps she's just getting academic scholarship(s)?

• 3 weeks later...