SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practice

UND Fan

Go for it Jake! Nothing to lose bud...a gf Central kid now going to the "big time"! how sweet would it be if he could put TT in a sweat for at least a half?? Hopefully Mussmans' playbook for that game will be...EVERY PLAY!| - go LONG IZZYB!! (again and agian!)

Does anybody know if there has been any discussion for having the spring game at Memorial Stadium for a little "retro" atmosphere in the spring weather? I realize that the Alerus is very nice and you know what you get with the weather there, but I also think there could be a lot of other positives having it on campus at Memorial with the new field turf. Nothing like football outdoors on a beautiful spring day(weather permitting).

Somebody also told me that you can watch the spring game on the Internet? Is this true?

Anything new to report at spring practices from anyone?

In looking at the spring roster, it appears that we lost a few kids (probably fewer than normal) from last year's team. Most notably:

Brandon Dungy Sr RB

Mark Kubacki So LB

Filipe Fonseca da Silva Fr LB

Chris Schaan Fr LB

I am not sure any of them are major losses but a couple of the LBs were highly thought of when they were recruited.

In looking at the spring roster, it appears that we lost a few kids (probably fewer than normal) from last year's team. Most notably:

Brandon Dungy Sr RB

Mark Kubacki So LB

Filipe Fonseca da Silva Fr LB

Chris Schaan Fr LB

I am not sure any of them are major losses but a couple of the LBs were highly thought of when they were recruited.

Did you get that from fightingsioux.com? I couldn't find a spring roster there, but I may have missed it.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am so curious. Is Josh Murray going to be playing for the Sioux this season? I've heard a few things:

1) I've heard NO he's ineligible (must be a common problem with those star RBs)

2) Yes he is ineligible right now but should be eligible to play by the time next semester rolls around.

So what's true? Next season sure would be a lot better with him in the mix...

So I am so curious. Is Josh Murray going to be playing for the Sioux this season? I've heard a few things:

1) I've heard NO he's ineligible (must be a common problem with those star RBs)

2) Yes he is ineligible right now but should be eligible to play by the time next semester rolls around.

So what's true? Next season sure would be a lot better with him in the mix...

He should be eligible next semester if he gets his grades turned around.