SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5 TV

Dden1

For the past several years in Denver I got every WCHA Final 5 game on one of the college sports tier channels. Just checked ahead on the guide to set the DVR and don't see any of the games listed. Anybody know what's going on with TV this year?

If you can get Fox Sports North all the games are supposed to be televised on there again.

Unfortunately, I checked the local schedule for Comcast Cable here in Boston (I have the Sports Pack with all of the Fox College Sports stations), and the semi-final and championship games are not listed. During the Sioux semi-final game on Friday, we're getting the feed to a high school hockey quarter-final game out of Wisconsin! I've sent off an email so will see if I get a response. I have little hope of getting a sports bar to change a channel Friday night even if they have the right feed due to March Madness.

Does anyone have information about a webcast of the Final Five games?

Fox Sports Alternate B has the games in Salisbury, unfortunately I have to be in Burlington and Baltimore for my overnights.

In the Twin Cities, the Big Ten Network is showing College Hockey games starting on Friday at 7pm CST and Saturday at 7pm CST.

I'm not sure if the Big Ten is covering the WCHA Final Five with FSN, but there will be some college hockey game on TV on the Big Ten Network.

This also means that Firday and Saturday nights game would be in HD!!!

For Sioux fans outside of MN/ND, could you pick up the Big Ten Network feed if it is indeed they are showing WCHA hockey? Just trying to help Sioux fans out with this information.

Looks like I was wrong....it will be the CCHA games!! Sorry!!!!

they arent showing on fcs or the other fox alternates offered on digital cable as of now. i am going to do the sports bar either way but remember if you arent living in hockey country (like me) the ncaa bball tourney is in full effect this weekend so find a place that will help you out with a tv to show the games

I am also curious about webcast. While I live in GF I will be working Friday and would like to be able to watch the game while I work, or pretend to work :lol: as I will have already checked out mentally and be thinking of nothing other than Sioux hockey!

I am also curious about webcast. While I live in GF I will be working Friday and would like to be able to watch the game while I work, or pretend to work :lol: as I will have already checked out mentally and be thinking of nothing other than Sioux hockey!

i cant remember seeing webcasts in the past but i may be wrong

it may pop up on http://www.channelsurfing.net/ on gameday or justin.tv but thats a stretch. usually the espn regional games are on the channel surfing site

I just checked for the final five and the games are being shown on FSN but not on FSNHD, in fact they have nothing scheduled and are off air.

WHY IS THAT?:lol:?:sad:?:)?:)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No college/Gopher hockey games have been in HD on FSN. Remember, FSN tried to pass off the Wooger and Rug in being in Colorado, when they were in the Mpls studio.

Per WCHA website:

WCHA.com to Again Feature Live Internet Audio Coverage of WCHA Final Five

The 2009 Red BaronTM WCHA Final Five will also again be audio broadcast live over the internet for the sixth consecutive season via the Western Collegiate Hockey Association's official web site - wcha.com.

All five games of the championship will again be broadcast live on wcha.com, with Jack Swanson and Jim Rich, voice of This Week in the WCHA (the league's weekly radio show), again handling the play-by-play. The league will also rotate special guests (including league coaches, alumni, administrators, etc.) throughout the live internet broadcasts.

No webcast, but audio coverage, which is better than nothing.

Unfortunately, I checked the local schedule for Comcast Cable here in Boston (I have the Sports Pack with all of the Fox College Sports stations), and the semi-final and championship games are not listed. During the Sioux semi-final game on Friday, we're getting the feed to a high school hockey quarter-final game out of Wisconsin! I've sent off an email so will see if I get a response. I have little hope of getting a sports bar to change a channel Friday night even if they have the right feed due to March Madness.

Same deal here in Denver although now they've added some of the tournament on a delayed basis. I've contacted Fox Sports in LA and they say they will respond to me, but so far nothing. Looks like I might have to switch from Comcast to a satellite service in order to get Fox Sports North directly rather than a feed from one of the other Fox Sports affiliates like we've gotten in the past in Denver.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No college/Gopher hockey games have been in HD on FSN. Remember, FSN tried to pass off the Wooger and Rug in being in Colorado, when they were in the Mpls studio.

Directv has the Final Five games on FSN in HD.

Thursday, March 19 7:00 PM CDT 668 FSNOHD

Friday, March 20 2:00 PM CDT 668 FSNOHD

Friday, March 20 7:00 PM CDT 668 FSNOHD

ill believe the hd when I see the hd. Most of the time its a crapshoot with the direct tv listings and fsn especially.. I hopes its in hd but my guess is it won't be

According to what I've read (and seen), the games will be in HD

(the games will be produced by the same folks that do the Wild and not the guys who do the Goofer games...thats why they are in HD)

ill believe the hd when I see the hd. Most of the time its a crapshoot with the direct tv listings and fsn especially.. I hopes its in hd but my guess is it won't be

It's not listed on dishnetwork's FSNN HD.