SiouxSports.com Forum

Jersey Fouls

Brasco

Maybe I should get a Penguins jersey with "Ovechkin Sucks" on the back? But on the other hand, I'm not going to lower myself to the level of the Caps fans with the "Crosby Sucks" and "Malkin Sucks" jerseys. I'm better than that.

Just look on the high road, that's where DaveK will be. :silly:

Maybe I should get a Penguins jersey with "Ovechkin Sucks" on the back? But on the other hand, I'm not going to lower myself to the level of the Caps fans with the "Crosby Sucks" and "Malkin Sucks" jerseys. I'm better than that.

or it could be some fans just like to have fun, the word suck doesnt really strike much out of me. now if it was a cuss word then i can see that being overboard.

or it could be some fans just like to have fun, the word suck doesnt really strike much out of me. now if it was a cuss word then i can see that being overboard.

I think you're right, most people I know use suck to explain something that is less than stellar and not taken

as being highly offensive.

Those jerseys don't really offend me so much as they make me question the motivation of the people wearing them. It gives the impression that their hatred for the Penguins is of a greater intensity than their love for the Caps, which IMHO is just really immature. I could have a blast yelling "Ovechkin sucks" at my TV while watching a Pens/Caps game, but if I'm going to actually spend money on a jersey it will go to support the team I love rather than to disrespect the team I hate. But that's just my take on the subject, everybody is of course entitled to their own opinion.

i just think to each its own to what they spend their earned money on

Those jerseys don't really offend me so much as they make me question the motivation of the people wearing them. It gives the impression that their hatred for the Penguins is of a greater intensity than their love for the Caps, which IMHO is just really immature. I could have a blast yelling "Ovechkin sucks" at my TV while watching a Pens/Caps game, but if I'm going to actually spend money on a jersey it will go to support the team I love rather than to disrespect the team I hate. But that's just my take on the subject, everybody is of course entitled to their own opinion.

I'd agree with you. The fact that they don't suck is what's striking, haha. Now, a "KANGAS SUCKS" jersey would be realistic and true, and thus might be worth the money. :D