SiouxSports.com Forum

track scores

krangodance

anybody know of a good mobile site to track college hockey scores? i've looked at cbssportsline, uscho, siouxsports, espn, foxsports, and a few others based on google searches. the problem with all of these is they don't update often enough. some of them update once or twice a period. some update at the end of each period. some update only when a goal is scored.

i want a site where a can track all the games on my blackberry simply by refreshing the page when i want an update and it will show the scores and the amount of time left in the current period of each game.

perhaps nothing this convenient exists, but if you know of a site that can accomodate, please pass that info on.

thanks

anybody know of a good mobile site to track college hockey scores? i've looked at cbssportsline, uscho, siouxsports, espn, foxsports, and a few others based on google searches. the problem with all of these is they don't update often enough. some of them update once or twice a period. some update at the end of each period. some update only when a goal is scored.

i want a site where a can track all the games on my blackberry simply by refreshing the page when i want an update and it will show the scores and the amount of time left in the current period of each game.

perhaps nothing this convenient exists, but if you know of a site that can accomodate, please pass that info on.

thanks

Usually your best bet is to find the forums of the team whose score you're looking for, that'd be your fastest updating "scoreboard" if you will.

If you don't go that route, cstv is pretty good.

thanks

http://www.ncaa.com/teams/m-hockey/scorebo...-week-main.html

I've done a lot of looking into this in trying to set up the text message notification that was available in years past.

The bottom line was: no source (other than informal, e.g. team sites or message boards) was consistently up-to-date, and all contained mid-game inaccuracies.

That said, I found two big data sources. The CSTV/CBS/USCHO one available in the NCAA link above, and whatever wire service Yahoo/Rivals scoreboard uses (each of those two is similarly used by a few other sites such that they always have identical data). CHN didn't seem to track either precisely, which made me guess that they supplement it with calls to the press boxes or other site-specific data entry.

Updates seemed to lag from as good as 1-2 minutes up to an hour or more. As you observed, updates usually occur only when goals are scored or periods end; it seems to actually vary arena. Final scores tended to be more reliably available in a timely fashion than mid-game scores.

All had sufficient in-game inaccuracies that I eventually found them unsuitable for text message notification, but only CHN regularly contained incorrect final scores (as of last year, I haven't tracked CHN as regularly this year).

Good luck, and if you do any better than that, be sure to let us know!