SiouxSports.com Forum

Next Year

pentaxman46

I have heard that Coach Jones has a good red shirt class and that he has held true to his word not to play them this year. I don't know anything about them. What I want to know is: 1) How good are they?, 2) Any size in the middle?, 3) Who are the standouts?, 4) Is this the group that will give our men's team the jump start they need to get back on the map?

DG

I have heard that Coach Jones has a good red shirt class and that he has held true to his word not to play them this year. I don't know anything about them. What I want to know is: 1) How good are they?, 2) Any size in the middle?, 3) Who are the standouts?, 4) Is this the group that will give our men's team the jump start they need to get back on the map?

DG

I think the only question which is really answerable at this point is 2)--Mitch Wilmer is 6'11", and should provide a shot-blocking presence, although he'll need to continue to add weight if he's going to be able to potentially hold his own on the blocks against stronger posts. Other than that, it's almost impossible to speculate since few if any of us have actually watched them practice.

• 1 month later...
Is Bledsoe going to have to play point guard next year? I know it's not his natural position, but besides Jordan May, who wasn't able to practice this year, what other options are there?

Is May for sure coming back?

Is Bledsoe going to have to play point guard next year? I know it's not his natural position, but besides Jordan May, who wasn't able to practice this year, what other options are there?

Could Monsebroten contribute at the point? I was actually quite impressed with him in his limited time last season, although I don't think he is a true point guard either.

Could Monsebroten contribute at the point? I was actually quite impressed with him in his limited time last season, although I don't think he is a true point guard either.

I think Monsebroten can continue to contribute off the bench due to his outside shooting, but I really hope he isn't considered a true option at the point. Personally, I'd like to see us go with a young player. He may struggle at times, but we really need to be building for the future. The thing is, besides May I'm not sure that there's another point guard on the roster.

• 3 weeks later...

Some nice tidbits from Wayne....

• The UND men's basketball team will open its 2009-10 season at a three-day tournament at the University of Montana. The tournament tentatively is set to begin Nov. 13. The Sioux will play Montana, Boise State and Loyola Marymount in Missoula.
  • The Sioux are still recruiting for the 2009-10 season. One more player may be added within the next few weeks.
  • Northern Iowa recently offered Ames High School standout Doug McDermott a scholarship. The Ames junior is the son of Iowa State coach Greg McDermott, a former UND assistant.

• 1 month later...
Some nice tidbits from Wayne....
  • The UND men's basketball team will open its 2009-10 season at a three-day tournament at the University of Montana. The tournament tentatively is set to begin Nov. 13. The Sioux will play Montana, Boise State and Loyola Marymount in Missoula.
  • The Sioux are still recruiting for the 2009-10 season. One more player may be added within the next few weeks.
  • Northern Iowa recently offered Ames High School standout Doug McDermott a scholarship. The Ames junior is the son of Iowa State coach Greg McDermott, a former UND assistant.

Do you guys play UW-GREEN BAY OR UW-MILW? both will be tough this year.