SiouxSports.com Forum

Just in UND team of the week.

Goon

TEAM OF THE WEEK: NORTH DAKOTA

"You don't get 18 game streaks by worrying about Denver two weeks down the road."

The proof will be on the ice but I really think this team does a pretty good job of keeping its perspective. Joe is absolutely right here, and it's going to be important to play one game at a time.

I also like Jason Gregoire's comments to Tim Hennessey after Friday's win. Tim asked him if the team is hoping to pick up Saturday where it left off on Friday and Jason said no, we need to be better, because we didn't play all that well for a large part of the 3rd period on Friday. A lot of guys would have looked at the domination involved in the 6-3 victory (first 2 periods) and just answered that they need to keep it up the next night. For me I appreciated the honest and thoughtful answer that JG gave.

I also heard that the team was less celebratory after the Friday victory than one might imagine, all things considered. Many guys looking at areas where they can improve their game, rather than basking in the victory.

If this mindset holds it certainly gives a better chance of getting that needed run to the playoffs.

The proof will be on the ice but I really think this team does a pretty good job of keeping its perspective. Joe is absolutely right here, and it's going to be important to play one game at a time.

I also like Jason Gregoire's comments to Tim Hennessey after Friday's win. Tim asked him if the team is hoping to pick up Saturday where it left off on Friday and Jason said no, we need to be better, because we didn't play all that well for a large part of the 3rd period on Friday. A lot of guys would have looked at the domination involved in the 6-3 victory (first 2 periods) and just answered that they need to keep it up the next night. For me I appreciated the honest and thoughtful answer that JG gave.

I also heard that the team was less celebratory after the Friday victory than one might imagine, all things considered. Many guys looking at areas where they can improve their game, rather than basking in the victory.

If this mindset holds it certainly gives a better chance of getting that needed run to the playoffs.

I like that mind set, we have won nothing as of yet.