SiouxSports.com Forum

KXJB gone! From Directv.

darell1976

remember when the "dish" systems started out and the big outcry was..."WE CAN'T GET THE LOCAL CHANNELS?" The local satellite services eventually were able to ADD the local channels due to DEMAND by their subscibers - (and didn't mind payng for it then...because their SUBSCRIBERS DEMANDED IT!) - fast forward to 2009! Local Network TV has spent MILLIONS of dollars to beat the federal mandate to UPGRADE to DIGITAL TV! No one is compensating US for this...so guess who has to pay... the CUSTOMER!! SORRY! Last time I checked...it's how FEDEAL MANDATE via CAPITALISM works....we provide a better DIGITAL signal - you pay....sorry but that's how it goes...and for you Satellite customers blaming local TV? CANCEL SATELLITE and I guarentee they'll ask you back within a month...

You really don't get the point to the Directv subscriber complaints. Several years ago, I specifically switched to Directv because I could pay extra to get the local channels. I currently pay $10 extra per month. If the number difference is accurate from what has been reported, the costs of the local stations would go up about $0.50 per subscriber per month. Well, I've already missed sevaral NFL playoff games because of a pissing match between KXJB and Directv. I'm perfectly willing to pay the additional fees associated with the service. Missing half the playoffs isn't acceptable.

Now here is where the insanity really begins. If you call Directv to complain about not receiving the channel, they will refund your account $5 per month until the channel is restored. Unbelievable. I would encourage every Directv subscriber to call and request the refund. It might actually get negotiations moving again.

Quite frankly, I'm not going to switch anything before March. But I guarantee I will not be with Directv come March Madness if this situation isn't resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, you can get one of the other CBS channels on Satellite. You only have to put a request into DirecTv, and they will have to ask permission from KXJB to allow a different CBS to be viewed. I kind of find that amusing, since it was KXJB's idea to to be taken off DirecTv. They could have stayed on as a sign of good faith until they resolved the issue.

Actually, you can get one of the other CBS channels on Satellite. You only have to put a request into DirecTv, and they will have to ask permission from KXJB to allow a different CBS to be viewed. I kind of find that amusing, since it was KXJB's idea to to be taken off DirecTv. They could have stayed on as a sign of good faith until they resolved the issue.

I was told by DirecTV that this request could take up to 90 days, and then may still not be approved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...