SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CORNELL

AZSIOUX

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just looking at the other games besides the sioux there are many non conference games for the wcha. it would help overall to get some wcha wins to help the slower start the wcha had at the beginning of the year vs non wcha teams

http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahockey/wchastandings.html

WCHA percentage chances of a team finishing in a certain spot based on where they are right now. Pretty interesting.

those are all in fun to check out but dont mean a thing, we all know that. the what if calculator jim has on this site is always fun to mess with as well.

flying into winnipeg and busing down here-who was the genious that did those travel plans. evidently they must think that Grand Forks doesn't have an airport?

Maybe it's the least expensive route and with the holiday and no classes the time is available to them to take the extra travel time?

Bingo, don't mean a thing right now.

Nobody likes statistics that say what they don't want to hear. Statistics are a record that can be used to predict, not shape the future. I think we all agree we would rather the teams play the games for selfish reasons. Especially Jan. 9th and 10th. :lol:

flying into winnipeg and busing down here-who was the genius that did those travel plans. evidently they must think that Grand Forks doesn't have an airport?

I agree it's silly, but Ithaca to Grand Forks is at least a 2 stop trip, because from ITH you can only go to PHL, LGA, DTW, or EWR, none of which go to GFK, so the trip would look like: ITH-DTW-MSP-GFK. I guess they decided the fewer the flights the better with an unpredictable holiday travel season.

Also, I heard a rumor that the UND staff advised Cornell to go the way they are, I figured it was in an attempt to exhaust them before the games.

LGR!

I agree it's silly, but Ithaca to Grand Forks is at least a 2 stop trip, because from ITH you can only go to PHL, LGA, DTW, or EWR, none of which go to GFK, so the trip would look like: ITH-DTW-MSP-GFK. I guess they decided the fewer the flights the better with an unpredictable holiday travel season.

Also, I heard a rumor that the UND staff advised Cornell to go the way they are, I figured it was in an attempt to exhaust them before the games.

LGR!

Having spent many hours working at the GFK airport I can tell you that flying into grand forks is not very user friendly.

Also, it makes sense and I am sure the 140 mile trip from Winnipeg to Grand Forks, ND won't be that though on the Cornell Athletes.

I can guess it would be better than the 13 hour bus trip to Michigan Tech. :lol:

Nobody likes statistics that say what they don't want to hear. Statistics are a record that can be used to predict, not shape the future. I think we all agree we would rather the teams play the games for selfish reasons. Especially Jan. 9th and 10th. :lol:

1st or last they dont mean anything but are fun to check out. things can change so quickly as we all know with an injury or just simple puck luck sometimes. this is going to be a very crowed wcha standings all season i believe. cant wait for the jan 10,11 series as i hope to make my annual trip t the ralph that weekend :D but who cares as of now, hell the sioux just need to win some games and get back to .500 first :)

I can guess it would be better than the 13 hour bus trip to Michigan Tech. :lol:

Those are the joys of playing out west. Cornell's longest in-conference bus trip is 6 hours, to Dartmouth, Harvard and Brown. When Cornell played at Michigan State they chartered a plane, I guess donations are down this year.

According to Miller and Martens on the coach's show it sounds like monday and tuesday were puckless practices and they both said they were the hardest practices they've had in their 4 years and referred to the theme being along the lines of intentisty during games. so I guess if they aren't going to skate during games they will during practice. good to see hak do this, just hope it doesn't fatigue them :lol:

just watched miller and hak on the sioux xtra press conference today

MILLER SAID - not happy with the showing last weekend and have had 2 hard days of practicing and working out. we arent getting bounces but that isnt why things arent going right. that they are getting outworked in specific areas and they have to create their own bounces to get good things going.

COACH HAKSTOL SAID - maybe cornell is the right test at the right time and hopefully they present the best challenge possible. take a close look at how they play and we have to continue concentrating on ourselves and improving on how we play. we have to get ourselves in the right frame of mind as a team and there is only one way to get there and thats to work our way there. they go to cronell next year in january for a return trip. mid january fri-sat series.

LGR!

Out of Ithaca, it is a SAAB to Detriot and LaGaurdia. From Newark and Philadelphia, it is Dash 8 100 or 200s. None of which can accomodate a hockey team and equipment.

PS. I was told to tell you that from a pilot who flies the Dash 8s.

I was told by people who were in the arena this week that the practices were closed to the public. All the curtains were closed from the concourse to the ice. Employees were told not to look in. I was told that this is not normally the case. One guy did peek in and said it was a lot of back and forth skating and not much else.

What do you think we will see for lines this weekend. I think big changes are coming.

I was told by people who were in the arena this week that the practices were closed to the public. All the curtains were closed from the concourse to the ice. Employees were told not to look in. I was told that this is not normally the case. One guy did peek in and said it was a lot of back and forth skating and not much else.

What do you think we will see for lines this weekend. I think big changes are coming.

good to hear

i would say at least 2 goals per game :D:lol:

nah, i say breakout weekend - big things coming :)

It needs to be like that more often.

Out of Ithaca, it is a SAAB to Detriot and LaGaurdia. From Newark and Philadelphia, it is Dash 8 100 or 200s. None of which can accomodate a hockey team and equipment.

PS. I was told to tell you that from a pilot who flies the Dash 8s.

Don't forget the 1 CRJ 200 flight a day to/from PHL. It's the only one I will take. :lol:

Btw, is there snow on the ground in Grand Forks? It doesn't look it from the webcam on Odegard Hall.