SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Basketball--are we in D1?

darell1976

I looked on Yahoo, ESPN, and CBS Sportsline and there are no standings, a full schedule and as for yahoo UND isn't on there for both mens and womens basketball, only football... What gives?? Don't they recognize that we are in D1 in all sports i know they don't care about college hockey as there is very little coverage besides USCHO.com but i went to see the UND-Eastern Michigan womens game and there was a score but no stats or anything. Is the Sioux an Independant or something? Very confused here.

Don't expect much this year. You don't count in RPI calculations until next year, so most of the major sites (and just about all of the minor) won't include you on their webpages. Heck, a couple didn't even include NDSU/SDSU at the beginning of this year and we're playoff eligible. It's a long, uphill climb.

Both the UND and USD men's basketball scores were on the tickers last night during the Louisville/Cincy football game. For what it's worth.

That could've been because both your opponents were DI. I think there were some times when your football teams were playing non-DI opponents and the scores were still up, but I don't know if that will carry over to basketball.