SiouxSports.com Forum

Night Games--Like Them or Not?

JESUS,family,rutgers

I see the Fighting Sioux are playing a night games against Southern Utah. I prefer day games,but like a couple night games in September and eraly October (not on December 4 when we play Louisville).Can you imagine playing a night game outdoors on December 4 in North Dakota? Which do you guys prefer--day or night games?

I see the Fighting Sioux are playing a night games against Southern Utah. I prefer day games,but like a couple night games in September and eraly October (not on December 4 when we play Louisville).Can you imagine playing a night game outdoors on December 4 in North Dakota? Which do you guys prefer--day or night games?

I love the night games, but agree a few afternoon games are nice. When the hockey team isn't in town, I say have night football games.

I love the night games, but agree a few afternoon games are nice. When the hockey team isn't in town, I say have night football games.

I say night games are fine once in a while...but afternoon games allow for excellent tailgating and time to celebrate after a victory.

Hey...football anytime is great! I am a football freak

I think the average fan get's a little more excited for the night games. Monday night football games are more exciting than early day games in the NFL. Major colleges have 11am starts which I don't think I'd like. But I guess it's what you get use to.

I say night games are fine once in a while...but afternoon games allow for excellent tailgating and time to celebrate after a victory.

Hey...football anytime is great! I am a football freak

I think they finally figured it out now....people in north dakota/minnesota dont want to give up their deer hunting to come watch our beloved sioux so by having this game at nite hopefully we can still draw some of those hunters that otherwise might not have came. This should be the only exception for nite games though. I prefer afternoon games better. No better way to burn a saturday afternoon.

Before the game, more than 50 recruits and their families lined the back of the end zone to watch the Sioux warm up.

The group was one of the biggest UND has brought in to watch a game. The recruits were from North Dakota, Minnesota and Nebraska, among other places.

Woops, probably not the best game to bring them to. Extremely poor attendance and a loss isn't exactly what you want to show them.

Woops, probably not the best game to bring them to. Extremely poor attendance and a loss isn't exactly what you want to show them.

I doubt the loss was a big deal to too many of these kids, but can you imagine having had potential recruits at the game in Brookings yesterday, with the bitterly cold, windy weather and 3000 fans?