SiouxSports.com Forum

Scores of interest

jimdahl

South Dakota 63, North Greenville 0 Final

Isn't that the college that has Arnold the Pig and Mr Haney on staff?

I can see that USD continues it's tradition of creating a tough schedule. I will cut them some slack this year (and next), but I don't see them making any changes in the future.

I can see that USD continues it's tradition of creating a tough schedule. I will cut them some slack this year (and next), but I don't see them making any changes in the future.

The saddest part is that USD bussed all the way to South Carolina for a game against a bad dII team. I know scheduling games this year was tough for all of us, but given a choice between having yet another week off and taking this game, I'd vote for the week off.

I will say that traditionally USD hasn't scheduled the toughest non conference schedules but much of that had to do with them being in the NCC. Last year USD played one of the toughest schedules in the country for a D2 school. They played Winona, McNeese and West Texas A&M.

I heard USD's AD Joel Nielson on the pre game today talk about why the N Greenville game was scheduled. He said that during that particular week there were just not many games available at all. It was either play Greenville or have 3 straight bye weeks so they almost reluctantly took the game. The budget was already set so they had to suck it up and bus. One would think that a donor could have stepped up and paid for a flight but so much for that happening. He talked about both schools needing a home game so I have no idea why the Crusaders won out there but I have a feeling they would not make the big trip Northwest. I personally don't agree with playing the game but it is what it is.

The way rumor has it McNeese has pulled out of their agreement with USD to pay the return trip to Vermillion of a home and home agreement. USD has enough trouble getting home games against decent clubs and now they have the rug pulled from them from one of their desirable home games next season.