SiouxSports.com Forum

NC$$ seeding changes?

AZSIOUX

NC$$ seeding article

:glare:

screw the east coast if they cant pack a 7,000 seat arena and put every regional in grand forks and minneapolis where they can sell out much bigger arenas and just have 2 regionals :lol::)

Yeah, no kidding... But seriously, I think it would stink to be seeded with teams we play all year long. I like playing out east schools (any schools we don't normally play, really) and what not come the national tournament.

I think the idea of having a much greater oppurtunity of an east-west championship is cool. Even if they do the seeding and bracketing the same, allow for the changing of semi-final games to promote an east-west final.

My Frozen Four scenarios:

2008 Frozen Four

North Dakota v. Michigan

Boston College v. Notre Dame

2007 Frozen Four

North Dakota v. Michigan State

BC v. Maine

2006 Frozen Four

North Dakota v. Wisconsin

BC v. Maine

Yes, the possibility of playing a regular opponent first is greater, but wouldn't you rather play them first than for the title?

I think the idea of having a much greater oppurtunity of an east-west championship is cool. Even if they do the seeding and bracketing the same, allow for the changing of semi-final games to promote an east-west final.

My Frozen Four scenarios:

2008 Frozen Four

North Dakota v. Michigan

Boston College v. Notre Dame

2007 Frozen Four

North Dakota v. Michigan State

BC v. Maine

2006 Frozen Four

North Dakota v. Wisconsin

BC v. Maine

Yes, the possibility of playing a regular opponent first is greater, but wouldn't you rather play them first than for the title?

i get your point but i say seed them how they should be seeded and then whoever wins, wins. chances are good theres always an east vs west match up anyhow. i would hate to have it made into a east vs west thing. i love the nc$$ hockey tourney how it is. 16 teams and we are now seeing the level of the playing field even out a bit with big conference teams. 4 seeds can beat 1 seeds and so forth. oh well if it changes.

NC$$ seeding article

:glare:

screw the east coast if they cant pack a 7,000 seat arena and put every regional in grand forks and minneapolis where they can sell out much bigger arenas and just have 2 regionals :lol::)

What a joke...

In scenario #1, there is 3 brutally tough regions with Michigan virtually guaranteed a spot in the Frozen Four.

And, in scenario #2, they would rather have 2 regions of death(West/Midwest), 1 regional final guaranteed(BC/UNH), and another regional where Michigan is once again guaranteed to reach the Frozen Four.

There is a reason bracket integrity was invented. With such a limited field of 16 teams, you either have to keep bracket integrity there or else get rid of it entirely without the top overall seed getting favorable regions.

This would suck in my opinion. Although I am not intrigued at the thought of going to watch my squad play in front of 2400 people out east. Not a concern the next two years because of Minneapolis regional sites. I really don't like this E v W idea to save some cash when they make millions off of Basketball and Football. I think this would diminish the Final Five and all league tourneys and would cause an out of conference schedule most fans wouldn't like. I hope the WCHA is successful in coming up with a better solution. Tweak the existing criteria, Krach seems to always have better match ups anyways, IMHO. Don't make it East vs. West. For once NCAA, lets think about the sport and not your pocketbook. Raise the ticket prices $5 a seat and make better looking shirts, hats and alike. There, I just solved your problem. Quit f'ing with my favorite sport. :glare:

Is this for all sports or just hockey? Is the NCAA going to do this for the basketball tourney. I would love to see what those people would say about this. If you do it for one, then do it for all. Even college football. Bowl games should be regional. MN can't go to the rose bowl anymore! Notre Dame the NCAA darlings, what bowl are they going to go to every year,even when they don't deserve one. They are all to far away. But that is where the money is made the she the NCAA will look they other way with basketball and football.