SiouxSports.com Forum

Chuck Klosterman

SiouxMD

Celebrity College Flashback - www.usnews.com

I have to admit that Chuck has done well for himself. If you told me that Chuck would become a pop-culture demigod back when I was an undergrad I would have laughed at you.

He is the only person I know who has been publicly threatened(?) by Metallica. He wrote a less than flattering editorial on one of their album releases which led to one of the band members stating (and I paraphrase)..."someone needs to kick Chuck's a$$."

I was living in Fargo at the time and when I heard the statement on the radio I thought...some metalhead is going to kick Chuck's a$$.

???

We (my buddies and I) could always tell how good a party would be by the level of Chuck's intoxication when we arrived.

Good memories...

Celebrity College Flashback - www.usnews.com

I have to admit that Chuck has done well for himself. If you told me that Chuck would become a pop-culture demigod back when I was an undergrad I would have laughed at you.

He is the only person I know who has been publicly threatened(?) by Metallica. He wrote a less than flattering editorial on one of their album releases which led to one of the band members stating (and I paraphrase)..."someone needs to kick Chuck's a$$."

I was living in Fargo at the time and when I heard the statement on the radio I thought...some metalhead is going to kick Chuck's a$$.

???

We (my buddies and I) could always tell how good a party would be by the level of Chuck's intoxication when we arrived.

Good memories...

I remember Chuck having the same effect on Steve McAndrew. Steve was a Sioux BB player in the early 90's. Chuck worked at the UND newspaper and didn't think much of Steve's ability. And he wrote about it. I clearly remember Steve saying he was going to "kick Chuck's a$$".

I remember Chuck having the same effect on Steve McAndrew. Steve was a Sioux BB player in the early 90's. Chuck worked at the UND newspaper and didn't think much of Steve's ability. And he wrote about it. I clearly remember Steve saying he was going to "kick Chuck's a$$".

I'm pretty sure another one-time UND athlete, Rick Helling, feels the same way about Klosterman, considering how much mileage ol' Chuck has gotten out of ripping him in print: link

So very true. Chuck and I really didn't run in the same circles but he always seemed to show up at some point in the night.

My favorite CK moment was him showing up at a hockey game at the old Ralph dressed like Kris Kross - all of his clothes on backwards.

Favorite CK musing in the Dakota Student: "I can't recite the Lord's Prayer, but I know every word to the opening of M

I'm pretty sure another one-time UND athlete, Rick Helling, feels the same way about Klosterman, considering how much mileage ol' Chuck has gotten out of ripping him in print: link

Apparently Helling picked on him when they were kids. I have heard Helling and Jason Blake share a lot of the same personality traits. ???

Apparently Helling picked on him when they were kids. I have heard Helling and Jason Blake share a lot of the same personality traits. :lol:

Helling didn't pick on Klosterman. You can read the whole story here. To sum it up, Klosterman says Helling was i) arrogant; ii) a ball hog; and iii) too ultra-competitive. As a 15-year-old in 1985. Put him in jail and throw away the key! ???