SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

I have to add another ringing endorsement to the many PSB has received. Pete has been helping me with my satellite for the last 4+ years and has been a great resource. I asked him for help with the recent move to the new satellite. He responded by telling me instead of coming out and then having to charge me, he would walk me through it. I am not the most technical of people but with Pete's guidance it was a breeze. I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks Pete!

Ditto to this!

Pete, thanks so much for your help yesterday (on the phone with my husband). We're stuck out here in the Northern New England, which is pretty much a technological void ("Free to air satellite? Huh?") and there is no way we would have been able to get any help here. You have no idea of the angst you helped to avert at our house at about 10 minutes to game time tomorrow - it would NOT have been pretty!! We are very much in your debt - many beers will be coming your way the next time we make it back to the Cities!

-RGF

Ditto to this!

Pete, thanks so much for your help yesterday (on the phone with my husband). We're stuck out here in the Northern New England, which is pretty much a technological void ("Free to air satellite? Huh?") and there is no way we would have been able to get any help here. You have no idea of the angst you helped to avert at our house at about 10 minutes to game time tomorrow - it would NOT have been pretty!! We are very much in your debt - many beers will be coming your way the next time we make it back to the Cities!

-RGF

GLAD to help :(

I'm screwed

RU fixed? I blind scanned "free tv" only and got 13 tps and 9 channels; 3 occasional use, tx1 at 12089 H 13232, a BBC feed at 12030 V 3979, as well as a couple channels with picture but no sound (and the FSSN). The FSSN is left audio only.

I'm up and going thanks to Pete - my USALS seems to be out on my Fortec Lifetime receiver and Pete talked me through a band-aid. Since I use in only for Sioux games, the band-aid should be a cure.

Always nice to help you Damstraight my FIRST Sioux installation! I am still thinking about opening up an LNB factory across the street from you :(

ENJOY the game -season!

I moved my satellite to 93 W and I've got it, signal is a little iffy, but I can adjust that. The real question is how did I get off on the satellites a little bit?

Maybe wind? What kind of motor, some are REAL bad for b a c kl a s h

In the USALS menu you can sometimes off-set your Longitude to compensate!

Im running the sonicview 4000. How do I manually change the symbol rate? Why would it find the UND feed, but have the symbol rate incorrect? Can't find my owners manual.

Sorry not familiar at all with the Cronicview 4000 :( (Sorry could not resist)

Usually there is a way to modify/add a transponder. Look for transponder Manager in the menu.

Im running the sonicview 4000. How do I manually change the symbol rate? Why would it find the UND feed, but have the symbol rate incorrect? Can't find my owners manual.

That seems odd. Sometimes when a frequency is reused (as in this case 12187 is reused all the time) you lose the old channel if its stored but never the new one being goofed up.

Most boxes have a manual scan option. Try and edit it that way. Or add a transponder through the same way

That seems odd. Sometimes when a frequency is reused (as in this case 12187 is reused all the time) you lose the old channel if its stored but never the new one being goofed up.

Most boxes have a manual scan option. Try and edit it that way. Or add a transponder through the same way

It was odd. The blind scan came up identifying the FSSN channel but with the wrong symbol rate....But, game's on and I'm a very happy camper. 60 inches of Fighting Sioux excitement in my house now!!!

I did not have any signal on the 12187 frequency. I had to do a power-scan, and the FSSN finally showed up, but the frequency was 12191. Why is that? Sounds like everyone else found it on the coordinates that UND released.

LNB may be starting to drift; apparently that happens as they age, tp's are scanned in a few points off of actual frequency and symbol rate.