SiouxSports.com Forum

whitehouse webcast

sprig

Thought some of you would enjoy seeing GF native Grant Potulny presenting the President with a Jersey during today's ceremony. Here is the link.

Quit flaming our board and go back to POI :glare:

Thanks for the link. It was nice to see NCAA hockey get some recognition, even if it was the Rodents. Hopefully next year it will be a Sioux jersey that is being handed to him :angry: ...(sorry, I couldn't resist)by Parise.

I've now had to watch a Republican President present honors to the Gophers the past two years. Enough to turn me to voting Democrat. :glare:

Funny, but long ago when Potulny first annouced he was a Gopher, I posted on some message board (perhaps here, or USCHO-- I have no record of this) some joke about how great it would be to see the lone NoDaker turn the program around, beating UND, and winning the NCAA title with all the Minnesota fans screaming his name.

Ugh. Be careful what you wish for. heh, heh. Congrats again to the Goofer. Truly an impressive run. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and sob uncontrollably for a few minutes.

taz

I've now had to watch a Republican President present honors to the Gophers the past two years.  Enough to turn me to voting Democrat.  :angry:

I hate the Gophers as much as any Sioux fan...but let's not get carried away here and do something drastic. ;)

One would think G Dubs would prefer to present the honors to a state that actually voted for him. :glare:

I blame this whole mess on Krys Kolanos. His overtime goal kept the Fighting Sioux from taking the rightful honors as first B-to-B champs since BU. Yeah, it's Krys' fault. Can't believe he chose BC over UND. Now he's a Coyote. Probably a Democrat too. Blah.

:glare:

taz

I blame this whole mess on Krys Kolanos. His overtime goal kept the Fighting Sioux from taking the rightful honors as first B-to-B champs since BU. Yeah, it's Krys' fault. Can't believe he chose BC over UND. Now he's a Coyote. Probably a Democrat too. Blah.

:glare:

taz

Damn him to hell!!!

On a more serious note, I wouldn't expect Parise to wear the C next year, but I do agree an A is possible.

The picture is in Virg's Fight On Sioux book. I was there actually. I believe it was in 1986 when Reagan was in Grand Forks campaigning for Sen. Mark Andrews..who ended up losing to Kent Conrad. :glare:

I was there as well! Was playing in the marching band (forgive me), and we were cranking out "In Heaven There Is No Beer" when The Great One looked up at us and said something like "You make beautiful music". Definitely a generous comment. I read in a book that Reagan was always a big fan of marching band music, and loved hearing tunes like "Hail To the Chief". A very memorable experience that unfortunately didn't help Andrews much.

By the way, did you catch Sabo's comment regarding the Goofs and GWB: Said U.S. Rep. Martin Sabo, D-Minn., "It simply proves that Minnesota is the state of hockey."

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGH!! heh, heh

taz