SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 World Junior Championship

Chuck Schwartz

USA Hockey has released it's roster for the 2008 evaluation camp that it puts on every year. 2009 Sioux recruit Danny Kristo has been invited to the camp. Almost every season USA takes 1-2 high school kids so Kristo has a shot at the actual roster.

Other WCHA or future WCHA players invited:

Mike Lee-Goaltender-Roseau H.S.-St. Cloud State recruit

Cade Fairchild-Defenseman-University of Minnesota sophomore

Jake Gardiner-Defenseman-University of Wisconsin freshman

Ryan McDonagh-Defenseman-University of Wisconsin sophomore

Aaron Ness-Defenseman-University of Minnesota freshman

Jack Connolly-Forward-University Of Minnesota Duluth freshman

Jake Hansen-Forward-University of Minnesota freshman

Mike Hoeffel-Forward-University of Minnesota sophomore

Danny Kristo-Forward-USA NTDP-North Dakota recruit

Drew LeBlanc-Forward-St. Cloud State freshman

Jordan Schroeder-Forward-University of Minnesota freshman

Patrick White-Forward-Universtiy of Minnesota sophomore

USA Hockey has released it's roster for the 2008 evaluation camp that it puts on every year. 2009 Sioux recruit Danny Kristo has been invited to the camp. Almost every season USA takes 1-2 high school kids so Kristo has a shot at the actual roster.

Other WCHA or future WCHA players invited:

Mike Lee-Goaltender-Roseau H.S.-St. Cloud State recruit

Cade Fairchild-Defenseman-University of Minnesota sophomore

Jake Gardiner-Defenseman-University of Wisconsin freshman

Ryan McDonagh-Defenseman-University of Wisconsin sophomore

Aaron Ness-Defenseman-University of Minnesota freshman

Jack Connolly-Forward-University Of Minnesota Duluth freshman

Jake Hansen-Forward-University of Minnesota freshman

Mike Hoeffel-Forward-University of Minnesota sophomore

Danny Kristo-Forward-USA NTDP-North Dakota recruit

Drew LeBlanc-Forward-St. Cloud State freshman

Jordan Schroeder-Forward-University of Minnesota freshman

Patrick White-Forward-Universtiy of Minnesota sophomore

Looking at the full invite list and the final css rankings, it looks like Fienhage is the highest ranked '90 player not invited to camp. There are a couple '90 D ranked lower (Comrie and Warsofsky).

Too bad - I don't think he would have made the final team but the camp would have been good for him.

Looking at the full invite list and the final css rankings, it looks like Fienhage is the highest ranked '90 player not invited to camp. There are a couple '90 D ranked lower (Comrie and Warsofsky).

Too bad - I don't think he would have made the final team but the camp would have been good for him.

Agree about the camp being a good tool for players. I'm excited as a Wisconsin fan that Gardiner gets to face high level competition before he gets to Madison since he's never really played much outside of high school and the elite league.

Off topic, Chuck, how is LaPointe spending the summer. Is he in GF?

Haven't talked to him for a while. I'm assuming he'll coach at the UND camps and he also does the Top Dog camps in the cities when he's not doing UND camps. I know there are a lot of locals in Eau Claire that have ice right now. (local college players and players from the area who are in juniors and college) So I'm sure he's on the ice and working to get better no matter where he is.

Haven't talked to him for a while. I'm assuming he'll coach at the UND camps and he also does the Top Dog camps in the cities when he's not doing UND camps. I know there are a lot of locals in Eau Claire that have ice right now. (local college players and players from the area who are in juniors and college) So I'm sure he's on the ice and working to get better no matter where he is.

It looks like he is playing in a 4x4 league in the Twin Cities.

MN 4 on 4 Hockey Rosters

So are you pretty good friends with him?