SiouxSports.com Forum

Changes to the uniforms?

Brasco

Awhile back it was speculated that the uniforms may be changed as the program goes D-1. Any news on whether that is happening?

I like the jerseys and the helmets we have right now but for marketing purposes UND may want to update the helmet logo (to avoid the nationwide belief that we are using Notre Dame's logo) or put North Dakota somewhere on the uniforms.

Any thought?

Awhile back it was speculated that the uniforms may be changed as the program goes D-1. Any news on whether that is happening?

I like the jerseys and the helmets we have right now but for marketing purposes UND may want to update the helmet logo (to avoid the nationwide belief that we are using Notre Dame's logo) or put North Dakota somewhere on the uniforms.

Any thought?

I agree 100%. Yes, I know we had the interlocking logo first, but the false perception that we are ripping off Notre Dame is reality for most folks nationwide. Maybe keep it on the shoulder pads, but get something different for the helmet. (please) Example: when you see the University of Delaware's helmets, what is the first thing you think?U of Delaware

I agree-I personally like the interlocking ND and anytime someone asks me or comments on it, it gives me yet another opportunity to educate that person on who had the ND logo first. Also, by the logic of some who say we ought to retire it because its the same thing as Delaware and Michigan, I guess there are several schools that should change logos-i.e. Colorado College uses the tiger paw on the side of their helmets, similar to Clemson and Misouri.

By the way, can someone ask the moderator to take down the BC/UND score?!?! I doubt we need any further reminders of who won the game and what the score was. God, I can't wait for football and hockey season. The sooner the hockey season starts, the sooner we can all put the debacle of the FF behind us! Go Sioux!

As I stated before, I also like the interlocking ND logo... but having lived many places outside of North Dakota, once you are past Minnesota no one associates it with UND. Regardless of the fact that we used it first it is still a bit like advertising for Notre Dame unless every person who wears UND apparel makes it their duty to inform a disbelieving majority that UND really did use the interlocking ND first. That is why I think a new football helmet logo may be a good idea. Additionally, it would be something the school could use to promote the move to D-1. Not changing because other schools have decided to use logos or uniforms similar to other schools is also flawed logic unless UND decides to follow lame follower schools not creative enough to come up with their own logo.

Outside of North Dakota, UND is known for the Sioux nickname (and unfortunately the controversy), quality graduates, and hockey not the interlocking ND.

Also, I feel the academic UND flame logo should remain academic as it does not really capture the feeling of our athletic teams.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to ditch the all black pants, it looks too forced, and too much of a 90's gotta add black feel.

The helmet is great, but, sadly everyone thinks its a Notre Dame rip-off. Not sure what else you could put on there. They DEFINITELY need to put NORTH DAKOTA across the chest, need to get the name recogniztion out there.