SiouxSports.com Forum

Luc Bourdon

Superman0099

He went through the CHL. However, I heard his name. I can't remember exactly why his name is so recognizable to me other than the fact that he did score the game tying goal to send Canada to OT vs. the US and made Toews famous (and probably drove the coffin into the self-confidence of Frazee).

A tragic loss. Seriously, this guy would have played as a regular in the NHL next season.

According to mwade on USCHO (Sorry no link) he had the bike only about 2 days.

It was on the front page on CNN.com this morning, but yes a sad story. What surprises me is that these kids are violating their contracts. I know that there are clauses that say no motorcycles, no skydiving, no bungee jumping, etc. but yet kids still do it. Organizations need to come up with stricter consequences for actions like this. I remember the contract issues that came up after Jay Williams did it while playing for the Chicago Bulls.

I don't want to sound cold, it is an extremely sad story, and my deepest sympathies go out to his family and the Canucks organization.

It was on the front page on CNN.com this morning, but yes a sad story. What surprises me is that these kids are violating their contracts. I know that there are clauses that say no motorcycles, no skydiving, no bungee jumping, etc. but yet kids still do it. Organizations need to come up with stricter consequences for actions like this. I remember the contract issues that came up after Jay Williams did it while playing for the Chicago Bulls.

I don't want to sound cold, it is an extremely sad story, and my deepest sympathies go out to his family and the Canucks organization.

He did not violate his contract and his agent never discussed it with him. So maybe try reading some of the articles before making such a claim.

He did not violate his contract and his agent never discussed it with him. So maybe try reading some of the articles before making such a claim.

I never said that he himself was violating his contract, I was stating that I know a lot of contracts out there have clauses in place specifically for situations like these. Jay Williams lost a ton of money cause he violated his contract by riding a motorcycle.

I read one article right as it came out and there was nothing in it, I won't read twenty different articles cause it is all the same thing. I was going off information I know and obviously more information came out later. No need to get your panties in a tiff.

I never said that he himself was violating his contract, I was stating that I know a lot of contracts out there have clauses in place specifically for situations like these. Jay Williams lost a ton of money cause he violated his contract by riding a motorcycle.

I read one article right as it came out and there was nothing in it, I won't read twenty different articles cause it is all the same thing. I was going off information I know and obviously more information came out later. No need to get your panties in a tiff.

True, you never specifically said him but saying it how you did:

What surprises me is that these kids are violating their contracts. I know that there are clauses that say no motorcycles, no skydiving, no bungee jumping, etc. but yet kids still do it.
Comments like that do very often get taken as such. In situations like this when making comments what and how you say it makes a huge difference. Not that I think you were trying to get peoples panties in a tiff. As for a discussion about players contracts and clauses such as no motorcycles, etc. I think that should be saved for another thread on this board.

Sympathy goes out to the family of Luc Bourdon and also to the Manitoba Moose and Vancouver Canucks for the loss of their son and teammate.

Re-read what you wrote - "these kids are" not probably are, not might be, "these kids are". And the Canucks made it clear that there was no contract violation very quickly.

But hey, you can't be bothered to read, you are too busy posting about something you are ignorant of that no one apparently is supposed to read and react to.

Re-read what you wrote - "these kids are" not probably are, not might be, "these kids are". And the Canucks made it clear that there was no contract violation very quickly.

But hey, you can't be bothered to read, you are too busy posting about something you are ignorant of that no one apparently is supposed to read and react to.

We read different articles, one came out right as the news broke and did not have much information. You easily could have put your first post a different way but to come out and say i'm making claims is rather rude. I simply put it that there are many out there who violate their contracts but yet teams do nothing about it, this case was different. Respect peoples comments and understand that I was not making a claim about the person in question, I had not heard whether he had violated team rules or not, and you have no right to attack me for not knowing that. I was making a comment about the whole situation with athletes riding motorcycles as someone stated above.

Most members here at siouxsports.com respect the other members, and that has seemed to go out the window lately.

See what the administrator said in the Wheeler thread.

Just a question but from the few articles i read. I don't see anything about if he had a helmet on or not. Did that ever come out? Not that it probably would have changed things, cause a semi v. motorcycle, the semi wins every time.