SiouxSports.com Forum

ND/Michigan

siouxkid12

I know this isnt about the Sioux but is anyone else surprised that ND is up 2 already against Michigan? As long as Michigan does not win the FF I will be happy!

Oddly enough, my absolute loathing of all things Boston College has not kept me from wishing them another title. They played UND beautifully this evening. BC fans should be proud of their teams performance. Hockey fans should be impressed.

Good luck to a team I hate: BC.

taz

Oddly enough, my absolute loathing of all things Boston College has not kept me from wishing them another title. They played UND beautifully this evening. BC fans should be proud of their teams performance. Hockey fans should be impressed.

Good luck to a team I hate: BC.

taz

I guess I don't care much...as long as Michigan doesn't get it. Notre Dame, BC, don't care. Good for them.

Actually, in a way, I'd like ND to win. That way the hockey fans can go over to the football fans and say "Hey! I guess some Notre Dame DI teams DON'T suck!" :D

Billy Sauer has to absolutely hate the Pepsi Center. Which could be problematic because he was drafted by the Avs.

We're left to wonder what a goalie change could have done for the Sioux.

Billy Sauer has to absolutely hate the Pepsi Center. Which could be problematic because he was drafted by the Avs.

We're left to wonder what a goalie change could have done for the Sioux.

When would we have changed? After 4? It may have been too late. After 3? Maybe but most coaches hate having to changee goalies mid period. Mich got lucky that the 3rd goal was right before the period break. They could just change at the break. We really didn't have that option. Also, it was only a matter of time before the Mich O woke up. Ours, not so much.

When would we have changed? After 4? It may have been too late. After 3? Maybe but most coaches hate having to changee goalies mid period. Mich got lucky that the 3rd goal was right before the period break. They could just change at the break. We really didn't have that option. Also, it was only a matter of time before the Mich O woke up. Ours, not so much.

Maybe if they would hate having 6 hung on them 3 Frozen Fours in a row a bit more than they hate changing goalies....

If Roberto Luango can get yanked mid-period, so can a college goalie. Now, maybe the coaches thought that a clearly rattled JPL was still better than anything they had on the bench. But that is even more damning as it reflects on how they recruit, train and prepare their backups. Is it wise to ride a single goalie for 2 years and have no credible backup with any reasonable playing experience?

Now it may be noble to stick with JPL because he got you this far...sort of "we're all going down on the Titanic together". But I think the rest of the team deserved at least some token life preserver. Some sign that the coaches were going to throw everything and the kitchen sink out there. If it wasn't good enough..so be it. But to not even try?

ND was much better than I thought they would be. Without their top scorer, they made the plays they needed to offensively and were solid for the most part on D. Michigan can flat out skate! This was a game where neither theam got good goaltending. At least Michigan came out with some fire and grit to start the 2nd unlike our boys. Down 3-0 vs. 4-0 after 1 period isn't a lot different but I saw different resovle from Michigan to make it a game that I didn't see from our guys.