SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Top 10 Announced

RedFrog

Would not have picked Lammy. What do i know. Congrats Sioux on having two of the 10.
now or before the season?? as he leads the nation in a cetagory or 2

leads nation in GAA 1.63

tied for 2nd in nation in sv% .934, leader is at 9.35

tied for 1st in nation in shutouts with 6

hell of a year for JPL

PHIL 4 HOBEY

congrats tj and phil!!

unfortunately for #7, I don't think the committee will look very highly on the elevator incident. TJ deserves to be considered among the top 10 players in the country for on and off the ice credentials. COngratulations to him for this honor. It was a great season, especially considering all the attention he warrated from opponents.

JPL does have a shot at the Hobey. While Porter is the favorite, a strong showing in the F5 and in the NCAAs, say two shutouts and a frozen four bid, could earn the award for him.

Best of luck to the Sioux nominees for representing the finest traditions of NCAA hockey and the Fighting Sioux program. These two young men are champions, no matter who wins the award.

unfortunately for #7, I don't think the committee will look very highly on the elevator incident. TJ deserves to be considered among the top 10 players in the country for on and off the ice credentials. COngratulations to him for this honor. It was a great season, especially considering all the attention he warrated from opponents.

JPL does have a shot at the Hobey. While Porter is the favorite, a strong showing in the F5 and in the NCAAs, say two shutouts and a frozen four bid, could earn the award for him.

Best of luck to the Sioux nominees for representing the finest traditions of NCAA hockey and the Fighting Sioux program. These two young men are champions, no matter who wins the award.

Yeah its great to see Oshie on that list but he won't win it for the same reasons Duncan was able to win it last year over the other T.J.

It's also very satisfying to see JPL on that list after all the talk before the year started about him being the weak point on the team. He held his emotions in check far better this year and I can't remember a single game where he seemed rattled or out of focus.

What a way for TJ to go out...Everyone in the WCHA knows he is the difference on our team!

Props to the NCAA's for giving him this honor despite his off-ice incident.

What a testament to this UND team...This team is special, I'm sure for some time we will talk about Osh's work ethic/hustle night in and night out...And how JPL would shut the door over and over again...I remember a few months back at the preseason game Phil let in 2 cupcake goals against Manitoba...I was scratching my head...Now Phil is a Top 3 Favorite for the "Hobey"...

"I Like It"...

Go Sioux

What a way for TJ to go out...Everyone in the WCHA knows he is the difference on our team!

Props to the NCAA's for giving him this honor despite his off-ice incident.

What a testament to this UND team...This team is special, I'm sure for some time we will talk about Osh's work ethic/hustle night in and night out...And how JPL would shut the door over and over again...I remember a few months back at the preseason game Phil let in 2 cupcake goals against Manitoba...I was scratching my head...Now Phil is a Top 3 Favorite for the "Hobey"...

"I Like It"...

Go Sioux

I remember that game and going OH GAWD!!!!!!! this is going to be a long year. I am so happy that I was totally wrong and that Phil shoved my disbelief in him right back in my face. :)