SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Matthews Band

mikeypat15

You realize about 30,000 out of the 35,000 people there are "drunk college kids"?

LOL and the other 5000 are trying to fight off a contact high :D

Man I wish I was going to Alpine this year...missed last year and now that Im in Canada I think my Alpine days are over...shoulda went last year. :D

Its my birthday today and my husband surprised me with Dave tickets for the June 18 Toronto show!!!! I'm so excited!!! Its an outdoor venue like Alpine but for the first time I"ll have seats and not lawn tickets. Even though we're in one of the back sections, we'll be right center stage. He doesnt really like Dave but he's willing to go for me!!!! :D:D:)

Its my birthday today and my husband surprised me with Dave tickets for the June 18 Toronto show!!!! I'm so excited!!! Its an outdoor venue like Alpine but for the first time I"ll have seats and not lawn tickets. Even though we're in one of the back sections, we'll be right center stage. He doesnt really like Dave but he's willing to go for me!!!! :D:D:)

Awesome, perfect view of Stefan, maybe Tim will wonder over to that side too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ya'll, just figured I would drop in quicklike. Been to 7 shows, all Target Center and Alpine. Alpine is a blast. Going this summer and would'nt miss it. Last years' Sunday night show with the Roots was awesome. Eh Hee with the dude rapping was great.

What ya'll think of the first set, looked a lot like a D&F show but I don't mind. AntsLive on antsmarching.org is pretty sweet with people send pics and vids from the concert as it is going on.

Simple set for night one, I'm sure the best stuff will come out at my shows this year :D

• 4 weeks later...

So the June 18th show in Toronto was great!!! The setlists at the concerts I went to at Alpine were slightly better but he still played a lot of great stuff. Grey Street was phenomenal, had chills. And the finale, Too Much, was the best. The Idea of You was a good one too. His encore was a bit disappointing though but overall it was a great concert.

We had rain all day in Ontario, from the North all the way to the city and it was even pouring rain as we were trying to get to the venue. But when we got to Molson, it was a perfectly beautiful night on Lake Ontario.

My husband who is not a big DMB fan even enjoyed himself, what a great birthday gift ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Heading to the Qwest Center in Omaha on Tuesday for show #8. Not a huge fan of indoor shows but any Dave at this point will be nice. I'm thinking I might not be able to go to Alpine this year. Looking at buying a condo so not sure what the money is going to look like. But I'll least get my fix on tuesday.

• 5 weeks later...

OMG!! CNN just posted that LeRoi Moore passed away tonight!! How unbelieveabely sad! What a talent he was, I'm so happy I got to see him play at the Toronto show this year. My God, I'm in such shock right now and tearing up...crazy! The bands site has a tribute up www.dmband.com

:silly::silly::silly:

OMG!! CNN just posted that LeRoi Moore passed away tonight!! How unbelieveabely sad! What a talent he was, I'm so happy I got to see him play at the Toronto show this year. My God, I'm in such shock right now and tearing up...crazy! The bands site has a tribute up www.dmband.com

:silly::huh:???

A very sad day indeed. I've been gone from the board for a while but this incredibly sad. Feel touched that the next Live Trax is the last time I got to see him perform.

It is amazing all the tributes that you have seen in the past couple days, Kenny Chesny dedicating the show and playing Where Are You Going, John Mayer dedicating his show and playing #34, and the Allman Brothers dedicating their show. I'm sure that isn't all thats just what I have heard.

• 4 months later...
Unfortunately, the only ticket available right now is the full four-day pass to the festival. $180.

I don't know, though, if they will eventually add a two- or one-day pass, though.

It seems unlikely.

Single Day Music Only Tickets will be released for sale if the festival does not sell out.

This will be my first DMB concert...I'm looking forward to it.

:)

Unfortunately, the only ticket available right now is the full four-day pass to the festival. $180.

I don't know, though, if they will eventually add a two- or one-day pass, though.

From what I've heard they'll be selling day passes only if the four day passes don't sell out first. In the past years you've always been able to get the one day passes closer to the shows. This year may be a different story however based on the acts they've landed

Don't let them treat lake sallie like their own personal toilet like the chicago river. :)

Always nice to see accusations thrown around without all the facts. Not to mention that joke has been played to death since that happened over four years ago.

I think i'm just gonna wait it out to see when the one-day passes go on sale. I don't really want to spend $180 on the full pass. No doubt I'll be at Alpine this year to bring my number up to 17.

Always nice to see accusations thrown around without all the facts. Not to mention that joke has been played to death since that happened over four years ago.

I think i'm just gonna wait it out to see when the one-day passes go on sale. I don't really want to spend $180 on the full pass. No doubt I'll be at Alpine this year to bring my number up to 17.

How was the matter eventually resolved?

How was the matter eventually resolved?

To be honest, I'm not sure. The last I heard was that there was a lawsuit filed against the band. And I know the bus driver was charged with something. I'm pretty sure the band did donate some money for environmental causes. Then again, they do that constantly as it is, but I think they donated something to Chicago, specifically.

Fact is, the band had nothing to do with it. The bus driver's contract with the band had ended when this thing happened. The driver was on his was to St Louis (I think) from Chicago after that leg of the tour had ended. No band member was on the bus when it happened.

I'm pretty sure that that bus driver will no longer be hired by the band (if he even has his job anymore).