SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

Just got home from the Scouts Blue and Gold banquet. It was killing me to sit there wondering what was happening in the game. But the banquet was fun for the boys, except mine wanted to go to the game too.

NICE JOB WALSKI!!!!!!!!!

in Jean-Philippe AND Aaron we trust!

About the white swifts.

Last weekend I talked to a guy that was wearing one. He had purchased it a Scheels in GF.

im guesing k1 made them in all colors now.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great effort by Oshie on that goal! He never quits working when he is on the ice, 110% at all time. I think Hak said it best when he said he has another gear out there, and no one can keep up! Lets keep it going sioux, now onto the decc

Oshie got a little cute from time to time today, but what an amazing effort.

Oshie got a little cute from time to time today, but what an amazing effort.

He did.. several times.

I didn't get to watch the third period so I missed the goal. Here are my thoughts on the first two periods:

BSU:

Offense: B+

They didn't get many opportunities and they didn't score, but they were doing everything short of scoring with what little they got. I thought they played really well the first two periods.

Defense: A+

They played really well and stayed out of the box in doing so.

Goaltending: A+

Who is this guy? He played VERY VERY well. Apparently, he didn't disappoint either in the third.

Sioux:

Offense: F

Sorry. Yeah, BSU was playing good D and their goalie was good. Yeah, they outshot the Beavers. But they had something like 3 real chances (if that) for the first two periods. IF they were really buzzing, they would have had more. Sorry. Offense sucked the first two periods.

Defense: A+ Listening to the postgame wrapup, we held the Beavers to 13 SOG. To me, that's just great D.

Goaltending: A+ I don't know if Walski outperformed the BSU netminder because he only faced 13 shots, but judging by the first two periods, BSU had WAY more scoring chances than the Sioux did DESPITE the Sioux's shot advantage.

We played like crap offensively the first two periods. I left to go help a friend whose daughter has Spina Bifida play hockey and missed the third. I harbor NO regrets in leaving the game. I had fun helping her play hockey. I obviously missed NOTHING.

It's easy to say that the Beavers played very well, but I have to say this is one of the more weaker wins we've had this season. Not the weakest, but weak nonetheless.

Alas, though, a win is a win.

He did.. several times.

I didn't get to watch the third period so I missed the goal. Here are my thoughts on the first two periods:

BSU:

They didn't get many opportunities and they didn't score, but they were doing everything short of scoring with what little they got. I thought they played really well the first two periods.

Who is this guy? He played VERY VERY well. Apparently, he didn't disappoint either in the third.

Sioux:

Sorry. Yeah, BSU was playing good D and their goalie was good. Yeah, they outshot the Beavers. But they had something like 3 real chances (if that) for the first two periods. IF they were really buzzing, they would have had more. Sorry. Offense sucked the first two periods.

Defense: A+ Listening to the postgame wrapup, we held the Beavers to 13 SOG. To me, that's just great D.

Goaltending: A+ I don't know if Walski outperformed the BSU netminder because he only faced 13 shots, but judging by the first two periods, BSU had WAY more scoring chances than the Sioux did DESPITE the Sioux's shot advantage.

We played like crap offensively the first two periods. I left to go help a friend whose daughter has Spina Bifida play hockey and missed the third. I harbor NO regrets in leaving the game. I had fun helping her play hockey. I obviously missed NOTHING.

It's easy to say that the Beavers played very well, but I have to say this is one of the more weaker wins we've had this season. Not the weakest, but weak nonetheless.

well that oshie assist wouldnt go down as NOTHING :D but very cool of you to do help that girl!!

sometimes you have to grind out a win and thats what they did today. this team has shown they can win in various ways. get up early and hold a team, comeback from 3 goals late and now a game which there wasnt much going on overall on a sunday afternnon and they pulled it off. i love this teams make up and how they are pulling it all together AGAIN in the 2nd half. bemidji played very tough and props to them today. i hope they can win the CHA tourney and get another ncaa bid!

I was at the game and while the Sioux did not, by any means, stink up the joint, they sure were not even close to being on top of their game. Bemidji played well, but not a 1-0 score well. The Sioux had 33 shots on goal, but very few of the "oh, darn, that should have gone in" variety, and not many of the "Wow - the goalie sure stole that one". It actually felt like Aaron had the majority of hard saves. I was very nervous the entire 2nd and 3rd periods because it just didn't feel like the Sioux were in control and every Beaver posession felt like a major threat. I'm VERY happy we got the win, but we will not get by playing like this the rest of the way out. Duluth is smarting from the spanking they got from CC this weekend and SCSU is playing for an NCAA berth so both will be coming out with all they have.

From what I can see, the boys were playing more D today than is normal. I assume this is because of the new goalie. They made sure to limit the shots Walski saw and he did a great job on the ones he did. By playing a style that we normally don't play, we did not have a great offensive flow. We had our opportunities and did not capitalize. Our team reminded me of Tech or UW. Sit back and then strike when you can. I agree that we did not look good on 5x5 yesterday and that carried over, but I think the style of play was different today.

I was at the game and while the Sioux did not, by any means, stink up the joint, they sure were not even close to being on top of their game. Bemidji played well, but not a 1-0 score well. The Sioux had 33 shots on goal, but very few of the "oh, darn, that should have gone in" variety, and not many of the "Wow - the goalie sure stole that one". It actually felt like Aaron had the majority of hard saves. I was very nervous the entire 2nd and 3rd periods because it just didn't feel like the Sioux were in control and every Beaver posession felt like a major threat. I'm VERY happy we got the win, but we will not get by playing like this the rest of the way out. Duluth is smarting from the spanking they got from CC this weekend and SCSU is playing for an NCAA berth so both will be coming out with all they have.

Having seen the UMD-CC game last night, I can tell you that the Sioux looked very much today like the Bulldogs did last night. Getting shots on net, but not "quality" shots.

That being said, every game is different, and a win is a win. Kudos to the Beavers for bringing their "A" game to RAE, and not showing any "quit" through 120 minutes of hockey. BSU will, when they get the chance, be a fine addition to the WCHA.

UND carries on, and now turns their focus to the Bulldogs.

THE MISSION CONTINUES.

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Bemidji State and Coach Serratore.

First, from the little I've read he seems to be a great guy. And I like what he's said about playing an attacking up-tempo style, even if he knows he doesn't have the horses. He likes to watch that kind of hockey, the players like to play it, so they'll play it, regardless. And the man seems to have a sense of humor.

They just seem like a program that plays it straight up and gives you their best shot. I respect that.

Way to go Walski! Congratulations on a shutout in your first start for the Sioux. If this was Vikings preseason we'd have a QB controversy. :D

He did.. several times.

BSU:

Sioux:

No doubt that our offense struggled today. But to give BSU a B+ and UND an F? I think UND did more offensively than BSU!

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Bemidji State and Coach Serratore.

First, from the little I've read he seems to be a great guy. And I like what he's said about playing an attacking up-tempo style, even if he knows he doesn't have the horses. He likes to watch that kind of hockey, the players like to play it, so they'll play it, regardless. And the man seems to have a sense of humor.

They just seem like a program that plays it straight up and gives you their best shot. I respect that.

Way to go Walski! Congratulations on a shutout in your first start for the Sioux. If this was Vikings preseason we'd have a QB controversy. :D

After watching today's game I would not call Bemidji's style "Attacking up-tempo". They iced the puck 14 times today. Their game plan today was slow things down.

Let's all hope that Bemidji wins the CHA tourney. If they do they automatically become a TUC which helps us.

Old Time Hockey

Maybe I was harsh in saying that the UND offense garnered an F. However, wracking my brain I can only improve it to a C- at best.

The ONLY reason BSU didn't get an A offensively is because they didn't score. Had they scored, A+ all the way. Scoring was the ONLY missing piece to BSU today.

AZ- I got to try out the rig she uses to play hockey. I'll try to describe it as best I can: All of the kids involved have mobility issues. They either have severely limited or no use of their legs at all. They are strapped into a metal framed sled like device that looks similar to a sled you use for sledding down hills with a plastic seat on it and two runners on the bottom along the centerline. The back runner, situated under the plastic seat, looks a lot like a large two-bladed hockey skate. The front one looks like a U-shaped extension to the sled frame itself that has no skate blade to facilitate ease of turning. Propulsion is done by using special short hockey sticks. The butt end of each stick has metal tynes on them that can be used to grip the ice and you push yourself along and turn much like you turn a kayak.

Here's a website that shows a mockup and a hockey player on it. However, the player situated on the sled in the picture is FAR more capable than the kids I played with today. All I can say was...it was SUPER fun.

http://www.skatetown-roseville.com/sled/sledhockey.html