SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-USD Rivalry

Coyote Fan

usd: the year ahead - www.argusleader.com

(Small print article on the right hand side)

FOOTBALL

Biggest game: Nov. 22 vs. North Dakota. Regardless of what transpires during this hectic first year outside Division II, a win over the Fighting Sioux at the DakotaDome would make it all seem worthwhile.

Men's basketball

Biggest game: Every Division I matchup. The USD-UND rivalry has not been real hot in recent years, although the Sioux did knock the Coyotes out of the North Central Conference tournament last year.

Women's basketball

Biggest game: North Dakota, Jan. 24 (away) and Jan. 31 (home). In a 2007-08 season packed with highlights, the three wins over the favored Fighting Sioux were pleasant memories for USD fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USD's splash page is sporting a new advertising slogan.

It sounds familiar but I can't quite place where I have herd it before...

:lol:

This is way different. NDSU's was "Where will you be". USD"s is "Where will you be on Gameday". Apparently their marketing department wants to be very specific that their fan base only show up to games on the actual days of the games. ???

This is way different. NDSU's was "Where will you be". USD"s is "Where will you be on Gameday". Apparently their marketing department wants to be very specific that their fan base only show up to games on the actual days of the games. ???

I don't mean to question a NDSU grad...but isn't it "Will you be there?"

Also...how do you show up to games on non-game days?

This DI stuff is confusing...I have much to learn.

I don't mean to question a NDSU grad...but isn't it "Will you be there?"

Also...how do you show up to games on non-game days?

This DI stuff is confusing...I have much to learn.

I think you're right. I was thinking about the actual commercial, which started out "Where will you be...when the struggle begins..." Anyway, as to your second question, never ever question the USD sports marketing department. They obviously know their fan base and are concerned tens of thousands of Coyote fans will be showing up to the Dakotadome Dangerdome at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday mornings for the big game against (insert name of DIII college nobody has ever heard of).

Midcontinent Communications and The University of South Dakota teaming up to televise live football and basketball action in 2008 - www.usdcoyotes.com

Midcontinent to televise remaining USD football home games - www.argusleader.com

The University of South Dakota announced on Tuesday that all of its remaining home football games for 2008 would be telecast live on Midcontinent Cable channel 23.

USD, in its first year outside NCAA Division II, will telecast four games beginning with a Sept. 20th contest with Culver-Stockton. Games with Missouri S&T (Oct. 11), Southern Oregon (Nov. 8) and North Dakota (Nov. 22) will also be telecast by Midcontinent.

Hopefully...FSSN will pick up the feed on 22NOV.

It looks like USD will be playing at Northern Colorado in 2009.

Apparently it is part of a home and home. Nice NCC meet up.

USD's 2009 Opponents

South Dakota also announced opponents for the 2009 season. Currently they have agreed to games either verbally or contractually with 10 different teams. Eight of the 10 teams are NCAA Division I teams and 2009 will include a complete four-game Great West Football Conference schedule. USD will host McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Utah, UC-Davis, West Texas A&M and William Penn. The Coyotes will travel to Cal Poly, North Dakota, Northern Colorado and Northern Iowa.

That is a good schedule. Having McNeese State coming to Vermillion is huge. SELA is a nice get too.

Anyone ever hear of SELA will ever be making a return trip to Grand Forks? It seems like we should have been able to get a home and home out of that deal.

Earlier posts in the "2008 Schedule" thread indicate that our game with SELA is for this year only.